Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Simconnect and AS2012?

Hi

I have installed the Simconnect Client v10.0.60905.0 on my client PC using simconnect.msi. However AS2012 says I need a valid FSX SP1 or SP2 Simconnect client.

Have you performed all the other simconnect procedures? Simconnect.cfg in your clients documents folder?

Have you performed all the other simconnect procedures? Simconnect.cfg in your clients documents folder?

Yes I have set that up and SimConnect.xml and SimConnect.ini

Hi Christopher,

Had the same problem. Sounds like you have the pre- SP1 version of the *SDK*!!

What you need to do is install FSX SDK SP1/a, then FSX SDK SP2. Then use the resultant Simconnect.msi installer on the client PC. You should be good to go with AS2012 then.

Philip M. Wafer

EIWT

Best Regards,

Philip M Wafer

EIWT

Hi Christopher,

Had the same problem. Sounds like you have the pre- SP1 version of the *SDK*!!

What you need to do is install FSX SDK SP1/a, then FSX SDK SP2. Then use the resultant Simconnect.msi installer on the client PC. You should be good to go with AS2012 then.

Philip M. Wafer

EIWT

Hi Philip,

I have installed FSX Acceleration/Gold through Windows games marketplace. it does not give me any install files. Its like Steam so encrypts the download and install.

On the client computer you need to download, install and run the simconnect.msi file from the SDK1A.

Then:

On the client computer you need to download, install, and run the simconnect.msi file from the SDK2.

Both SDKs can be found at Microsoft.

None of this has anything to do with your FSX installed on the server computer. All of the above takes place on the client computer.

Correct me if I wrong but if you have FSX Gold all the SDK's are on the disk? I'm not sure about Deluxe?

unfortunately there is no disk as it was a download from windows games marketplace. I have downloaded the SDKS from http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29 but when i try to install SP1A SDK on my client pc it says i need the original release of the FSX SDK.

I have the FSX SDk folder on my FSX running pc but no sdk.msi :(

Hi

I have installed the Simconnect Client v10.0.60905.0 on my client PC using simconnect.msi.

OK, that is the first step. Now just follow post #6. You are getting hung up on "disks" but you don't need any disks from this point on, just 2 downloads from Microsoft.

OK, that is the first step. Now just follow post #6. You are getting hung up on "disks" but you don't need any disks from this point on, just 2 downloads from Microsoft.

Ok thank you. The issue now is:

I have downloaded the SDKS from http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29 but when i try to install SP1A SDK on my client pc it says i need the original release of the FSX SDK.

I have the FSX SDk folder on my FSX running pc but no sdk.msi :(

You can get around this by installing the SDK on the FSX computer and then move just the simconnect.msi file onto the client computer. Repeat for SDK 2.

You can get around this by installing the SDK on the FSX computer and then move just the simconnect.msi file onto the client computer. Repeat for SDK 2.

Will that affect my install as I already have an SDK?

Do not attempt to install the original retail version of the Flight Simulator X SDK over an updated SDK, as unpredictable results can occur.

OK, let's try this one more time.

You have the SDK installed from your FSX Deluxe disk. That is SDK version 1. You already used the simconnect.msi on the client.

Now you install the SDK version 1A which you download from Microsoft.

Next you move the new simconnect.msi file to the client and run it. That gives you the 1A simconnect version.

Now you install the SDK version 2 which you download from Microsoft.

Next you move the newest simconnect.msi file to the client and run it. That gives you the 2 simconnect version.

Finally you can run AS and not get any error message about your simconnect version.

OK, let's try this one more time.

You have the SDK installed from your FSX Deluxe disk. That is SDK version 1. You already used the simconnect.msi on the client.

Now you install the SDK version 1A which you download from Microsoft.

Next you move the new simconnect.msi file to the client and run it. That gives you the 1A simconnect version.

Now you install the SDK version 2 which you download from Microsoft.

Next you move the newest simconnect.msi file to the client and run it. That gives you the 2 simconnect version.

Finally you can run AS and not get any error message about your simconnect version.

Hi i have downloaded and installed FSX Gold from Microsoft. This also installed an SDK which i assume is SP2 already.

No, that is version 1. Now you need 1A and 2.