Sign in to follow this  
Ehutchin78

Jobs board question

Do the jobs on the jobs board for a particular airport ever run out? Example....if I keep doing jobs out of the same airport will they run out? Will they ever refresh? Thanks for answering!!

Eric (maule driver)

They refresh themselves continually, you can check the board, change a date or time of day then go back and you will see they have changed.

Do the jobs on the jobs board for a particular airport ever run out? Example....if I keep doing jobs out of the same airport will they run out? Will they ever refresh? Thanks for answering!!

Eric (maule driver)

Welcome to the Forum!  ^_^

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks for the answers doublej. In a different topic I suppose I've always flown with the mouse but I'm thinking of expense ting with a 360 controller since it seems you can use the right pad to look around and that might be pretty cool. Anyone experiment with the 360 controller? I love the precision with the mouse but I'm just curious. You'll take care,

Eric

Thanks for the answers doublej. In a different topic I suppose I've always flown with the mouse but I'm thinking of expense ting with a 360 controller since it seems you can use the right pad to look around and that might be pretty cool. Anyone experiment with the 360 controller? I love the precision with the mouse but I'm just curious. You'll take care,

Eric

360 controllers work perfectly. Almost too perfectly. ^_^

I have commented before on my hunch that Flight may have been originally tested/calibrated with them.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Using different controllers will give you a completely different sensation of Flight. I started with a mouse, went to a Logitec 3D extreme stick and then added pedals a few months ago. Just purchased a Saitek Yolk and throttle and I am now learning to fly all over again.

The jobs list change if:

-time change

-game restart

-once a job is started

Also the clandestine jobs just pop up now and then. Mostly at the smaller out of the way uncontrolled type airfields. Yes I know,they are all uncontrolled in flight. :P

Steve

Welcome to the forums Eric! I hope you stick around a while and continue to participate in this great community!

I think you already go your questions answered - I have had many hours of fun flying jobs, they are a blast, and have a sense of accomplishing something when you do them.

As Steve mentioned, if you have not be sure and check out some of the clandestine jobs when you run across them. They can be hard to find at times. Adds a little excitement in that there is a possibility of getting busted by the cops and not being able to finish the job. They also are usually worth some good XP points as well.

Well thanks everyone for the welcome and the answers on the jobs board questions. I'm a huge fan of the muale, mostly due to how the avionics are presented. (Your standard six-pack of gauges). I'm in the process now of trying to find a good cruise chart/table for the maule, but I've scoured the Internet and can't seem to find one. The actual maule POH doesn't give performance numbers.

On another topic, I use the mouse the fly as it seems to be very precise, and I turn the HUD ON so that I can see wind direction. As we all know its nearly impossible to tell without it,especially for landing. So, in the mouse mode has anyone ever figured out how to get rid of that white cross in the center of the screen when using the mouse to fly? Not the small one that shows where the mouse curser is....I'm thinking of the big, huge one in the center of the screen that displays when the mouse is actively in control of the aircraft. I wasn't sure if there was something in the flight.cfg I could change. I didn't know if I've missed any tweaks since "flight" was released. I've searched of the forums to no avail.

Having fun and thanks again for the help. I won't get back to my computer until tomorrow, so of course it's all I'm thinking about. :-)

Eric

What do you mean with "cruise chart/table" ? use the checklist, it gives good numbers to operate the maule correct.

No, you can`t get rid of the crosshair in mouse mode

The only way to get rid of the mouse crosshairs is to fly without a mouse .