Sign in to follow this  
kaspern83

facetracknoir and opus compatibility

I stumbled upon facetracknoir which is the same thing as trackir except done through your webcam. Since i do not own a webcam i am unable to test this out. Has anyone attempted to try this software? And if so what were the results? Thank you in advance. Here is a link to their website.. http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm

By the way, I do use opus cameras and DHM =)

Kacper Nowotynski

Someone on Avsim has already reported that this seems to work OK, Best look for that post and check.

Stephen

Well I needed a webcam and ive been holding out to purchase one forawhile, since this gives me a reason to buy one ( I went with logitech c920) Which seems to be the top of the line and I will mess around with it, Hopefully it will run well for me. I dont like to have the lights on in the room but I do have a small lamp on my desk. Im hoping that would be sufficient enough lighting. The Developers just released a major update V1.7 so hopefully that fixes alot of issues. I will post my findings here. 

Kacper Nowotynski

Lateat version of FacetracnoIR works suprisingly good, that is version 1.7.

It has one new additional filter for smoothing out movements and I was suprissed how good it actually works.

Give it a try guys!

Lateat version of FacetracnoIR works suprisingly good, that is version 1.7.

It has one new additional filter for smoothing out movements and I was suprissed how good it actually works.

Give it a try guys!

I cannot get this to work for the life of me. The head movement inside the sim are so erratic. Can you share some of your settings?

Kacper Nowotynski

Using FacetracknoIR with SimConnect output mode works great.

I must say that I am using plug in that is part of version 1.7 that uses 3 led diodes, like freetrack, I am not using pure face tracking. It (face tracking)  is very, very cpu intensive.

If you use point tracker plugin with facetracknoir, you will be able to use 640x480 resolution and still get only like 5 percent of cpu usage.

Always use Accela filter. You can use other, EWMA filter, but you must adjust sensitivity very good. Both filters can gave you good responsive and accurate tracking if you are patient with configuring of software.

If you have any further questiones, feel free to ask :)