Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

How to toggle 'Listen" mode?

Firstly let me say MCE is probably the best add on I have, better than a lot of far more expensive software, however, and of course there had to be one.

It is annoying that I cannot mute my headset. I once sneezed and before I knew it the FO had shut down an engine, and then my daughter just barges in and wants to talk while I am flying, so its time to hit the mute button on the MCE panel, but guess what ?........ I am in full screen so i can't see the panel. I can switch to windowed mode and click and back again,but to be honest I want to fly, and do my best to stay away from the mouse. 

Please can we have a keyboard / joystick button to switch mute on of off ?

Firstly let me say MCE is probably the best add on I have, better than a lot of far more expensive software, however, and of course there had to be one.

It is annoying that I cannot mute my headset. I once sneezed and before I knew it the FO had shut down an engine, and then my daughter just barges in and wants to talk while I am flying, so its time to hit the mute button on the MCE panel, but guess what ?........ I am in full screen so i can't see the panel. I can switch to windowed mode and click and back again,but to be honest I want to fly, and do my best to stay away from the mouse. 

This has been requested via e-mail about a week ago and has been implemented since.

You'll just have to wait for the next update package to be uploaded this Wednesday or Thursday. By then the keyboard <Num Lock> key will toggle reco OFF and ON.

Starting from version 2.5.3.6 which is already available for download, your suggestion has been implemented.

Use the keyboard key "Num Lock" to suspend or resume MCE speech reco, just like you would do by clicking the mike icon.

Because we don't want that to catch people using the Demo unaware and wondering why nothing works (no speech recognition) when they hit the key by accident, the feature needs to be explicitly enabled.

Open mce.ini in C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Multi Crew Experience\

Change or add the following line to the [sPEECH] section

NumLockKeyMutesReco=1

Don't forget to save the file

Download link: http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Hope this meets your expectation.