Sign in to follow this  
bubbowtea

What's wrong with my 747?

Hey guys, I just recently installed the PMDG 747-400X on my computer. The installation went well and I started the Cold & Dark mission with a 747-400F (the default one that comes with the installation). Having been overwhelmed at the millions of gauges, knobs, and buttons, I decided to load with the 747-400 RR in free flight. Everything went downhill from here, I first noticed the flaps bar was missing in the central display, it would only show the words "Flaps" but no bar under it where it would normally indicate the flaps settings. So I went ahead and pressed F7 a few times, I was relieved when it showed up. However, my relief lasted only a brief moment, the flaps setting next to my throttle quadrant showed flaps-10, but the one on the central display showed 30. At this point, I was wondering what the heck was going on, and then I glanced at the PFD. I saw an altitude of -7000ft, which blew me away because the last time I checked it was at 120ft. I figured I hadn't set the altimeter correctly, but turning the knob this way and that and spamming the B button didn't help at all. Also, there are weird red lines next to the VSI and artificial horizon. I looked around the forums but found nothing, any help would be appreciated. Here's a screenshot of my problem below.

NSZJ3jX.png

This screenshot seems all over the place. I can see that your aircraft is in the TO mode, yet you have not selected the FD, or the A/T nor have you set your V1speed, nor have you engaged the LNAV or VNAV. Have you done a tutorial on this complex aircraft? I ask because you state that you have just installed this aircraft. If you have not, I suggest you try that first. PMDG's website has 4 lessons.

I daresay you need to initialise the FMC, turn on the Inertial navigation so your aircraft knows where it is and it should solve some of your problems.

After learning how to use the FMC and setting it up, I still have this problem. I paused the sim first, and set up the FMC as directed from the PMDG lessons. This is the result :

ufFWQTI.png

However, after a few seconds, my panel looks like this 

125MSG0.png

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I'm intrigued whatever happened to the posts that referred to 'a copy' posted yesterday which seem to have just evaporated.

I'm a bit on the impatient side.

You were advised to submit a Support Ticket to PMDG in previous posts that have mysteriously disappeared. Wonder if the 'copy' reference has anything to do with it?

Not sure this 100% fits your question, but:

The PMDG 744 does not ship with a 'ready for takeoff' panel state. The FMC still has to be preflighted after loading the plane into the flight situation.

So my best suggestion is to do a tutorial from the beginning and save the flight situation at two stages:

1) Immediately before takeoff (that gives you a user-defined panel state for takeoffs)

2) somewhere in mid-(level) flight (to create a situation in the air that you can reload when time is precious)

Hi there I've just had this happen to me it was when I had a red tcas warning it was showing me the pitch angle for avasive action. I was in the air and it disappeared as soon as the threat was gone. Maybe it's a tcas problem. Have you tried reinstalling. Cheers, Damien.

The Problem is your Altimeter is Set Incorrectly set the altimeter to 29.92 in you Set it with the Baro scroll on the middle until you see 29.92