Sign in to follow this  
tknudsen

How to hack an airplane with an android phone?

It's not a rumour, they have had flight guard installed on the fleet for years... be happy I called you dude! I could have thought of much worse.

I'll leave you to your post 9/11 rumour mill

Cheers

Rob Prest

Just chill out both of you. None of us has 100% proof about anything, and when it comes to Israel there is a lot that the government doesn't tell us. I was born there and learned to hate the country as I grew up for personal reasons even though I'm israeli.

But some of El Al's planes are not the newest, they could be modified but some of the 767's really are againg. At least, they did not clean the toilet and they don't have any IFE whenever I use that airline. So it would be bizarre if those planes could be remotely controlled.

Jews are greedy, why wouldn't they leave the pilot on the ground just to save some fuel from his weight? :D

Just chill out both of you. None of us has 100% proof about anything, and when it comes to Israel there is a lot that the government doesn't tell us. I was born there and learned to hate the country as I grew up for personal reasons even though I'm israeli.

But some of El Al's planes are not the newest, they could be modified but some of the 767's really are againg. At least, they did not clean the toilet and they don't have any IFE whenever I use that airline. So it would be bizarre if those planes could be remotely controlled.

Jews are greedy, why wouldn't they leave the pilot on the ground just to save some fuel from his weight? :D

I don't need to chill out -- I was reporting a rumor and said as much.

I was also reporting on the plausibility of the rumor based on my professional experience as a technical computer programmer since 1963. Again, I'm not asserting fact, I'm asserting plausibility, and it is indeed plausible.

As for your "Jews are greedy, why wouldn't they leave the pilot on the ground just to save some fuel from his weight?" remark, I hope you were joking. Otherwise it's a character smear of my mother's genes and I'll thank you in advance for your apology.

Have to agree on the Jewish comment, that is taking it a bit too far.

Rob Prest

I don't need to chill out -- I was reporting a rumor and said as much.

I was also reporting on the plausibility of the rumor based on my professional experience as a technical computer programmer since 1963. Again, I'm not asserting fact, I'm asserting plausibility, and it is indeed plausible.

As for your "Jews are greedy, why wouldn't they leave the pilot on the ground just to save some fuel from his weight?" remark, I hope you were joking. Otherwise it's a character smear of my mother's genes and I'll thank you in advance for your apology.

The thing is that about the chill out part I did not mean to offend anyone, I would find it more insulting about the chill out than the jewish joke. I'm a jew myself, and more ashamed of this than flying a plane 8 hours. However, I still like humor and in some cases, it's actually true. In this country me and my friends always make jokes about it. But I'm sorry if it offended you. Besides, I had before a photo of the star of david with a red ban, however, unlike a moderator thinks, it was not the star of david. But a symbol in Reduta (small town) resembling poverty. Why it looks close to the judaism star I do not know.

Have to agree on the Jewish comment, that is taking it a bit too far.

It was just a joke, I don't see why we can't get off the seriousness for a least a minute.

One thing we seem to never get, especially when posting in a forum, is context.. Your "joke" could be considered offensive to some. Probably wouldn't hurt to mention.. by the way I'm a Jew and that was a joke.. I thought it was funny just used in poor taste!

Hey, actually I missed the smiley on the end of your post so fair enough.. Saying that, though you may have intended that as a joke you have to realise it will still be considered offensive to many.

Rob Prest

"Besides, I had before a photo of the star of david with a red ban, however, unlike a moderator thinks, it was not the star of david."

Yeah, sure. I saw that earlier and was not the least bit surprised when you posted the way you did.

That said, we've gotten quite thin-skinned and this is unfortunate so I too will apologize. Ethnic humor can be a wonderful thing and it would be a shame if the Blue Meanies succeed in stomping it out.

Well, as said before I'm jewish but yet I make jokes about it sometimes, not because they are jewish but we make jokes about other countries as well, and even more, even americans. But we're all usually laughting and get the point. Sometimes foreigners come here and they sometimes don't understand. It's basically called black humour... Even though this, I would never allow anyone to attack someone because of race or religion.

Even apart from  this, on sites like this, I see some jokes that I really don't get at all from time to time :)

Out of all that, the fact remains this can be a real issue down the road. The world has this hollywood effect going on right now, whereas if people think it, then people will try to conceive it. Mike as a point and so does Flex! Let's call this plausible denial, LOL. But from that article, and this guys attempt to expose this issue, there is a fool somewhere trying to perfect this just because this guy says it can be done. To me if the military has drones, what's not to say this is possible. I think the FAA has just got confronted with a new cyberthreat!

Wow........

If this thread was a missile, it would be pinwheeling wildly through the sky and the launch directors finger would be hovering over the self destruct.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Can this thread get any better?

In principle, yes. In practice, not without getting into deep, polarizing political stuff ... so I'll get off the bus here.