Sign in to follow this  
wcschulz3

Just Flight L-1011 in Prepar3D?

Hi all,

After a year without FSX (hard drive crash and lack of will to re-install everything--so I tried, and liked XP-10), I've loaded up P3d with Rex Essentials and Just Flight's Traffic 360 and am happy to have a AI traffic and "full horizon" simulation option again!  (lol....I do love just looking out of the "passenger seat" during cruise and look at the far horizon--which is very nice with REX).

Anyway, my goal is to keep P3d pretty simple--including having just a few tubeliners and photo-real ortho scenery.

I'd like to go with a mostly Lockheed and Airbus lineup (and leave the Boeing 737 to XP-10)

So far in P3d I've flown:

Just Flight Connie (default)

The KBT Lockheed Electra

Default FSX Airbus

Project Airbus A-320 (though I'm having autopilot issues--could be because I've not read the manual)

Default FSX CRJ

Has anyone tried the new Just Flight L-1011 in P3d?   Would love to have that bird.

Also, I understand that there is an FSX migration tool available--but I assume I need to re-install FSX and add-ons if I want to port them over??  Is there any other way?  (I've seen some folks edit the dll.xml file--but I'm not sure what specific edits to make to add a CS-707, etc...

So...two questions--is the JF L-1011 "P3d compatible out of the box"?

Does the "migration tool" require full SP2 Install, etc?

Thanks!

Bill

KGYH

Hi all,

After a year without FSX (hard drive crash and lack of will to re-install everything--so I tried, and liked XP-10), I've loaded up P3d with Rex Essentials and Just Flight's Traffic 360 and am happy to have a AI traffic and "full horizon" simulation option again!  (lol....I do love just looking out of the "passenger seat" during cruise and look at the far horizon--which is very nice with REX).

Anyway, my goal is to keep P3d pretty simple--including having just a few tubeliners and photo-real ortho scenery.

I'd like to go with a mostly Lockheed and Airbus lineup (and leave the Boeing 737 to XP-10)

So far in P3d I've flown:

Just Flight Connie (default)

The KBT Lockheed Electra

Default FSX Airbus

Project Airbus A-320 (though I'm having autopilot issues--could be because I've not read the manual)

Default FSX CRJ

Has anyone tried the new Just Flight L-1011 in P3d?   Would love to have that bird.

Also, I understand that there is an FSX migration tool available--but I assume I need to re-install FSX and add-ons if I want to port them over??  Is there any other way?  (I've seen some folks edit the dll.xml file--but I'm not sure what specific edits to make to add a CS-707, etc...

So...two questions--is the JF L-1011 "P3d compatible out of the box"?

Does the "migration tool" require full SP2 Install, etc?

Thanks!

Bill

KGYH

Bill,

The FSX to P3D Migration Tool by Flightsim Estonia is not an application for copying/moving installed addons from FSX to P3D.  It's a small application that basically points the installer (when you're initially installing FS addons) to the Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D folder location instead of where you have FSX loaded.  You do not need to have FSX installed at all to use the tool.

The file structure in P3D is almost identical to FSX so you can manually copy and move addon files/folders to P3D.  That can work in some cases. It depends on your level of knowledge in how the addon files are structured.

I tried the "demo" version and it worked fine using the Estonia Migration Tool.

cthiggin

Thanks guys, this is very helpful information!

I'll start by getting used to the migration tool, then try the JF 1011.

Bill

Yes!  EMT RULLEZZZ!!!  :-))))))))))

Have I mentioned my other sim is going to give birth to  it's new Masterpiece probably already on Monday :-)... 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yes!  EMT RULLEZZZ!!!  :-))))))))))

Have I mentioned my other sim is going to give birth to  it's new Masterpiece probably already on Monday :-)... 

DCS or X-Plane?  You have me curious!

Also, do you live in Portugal?  My descendants  are from the Acores (and earlier, the home country).  Went to visit Portugal in the 1990's, and drove through the inland countryside to the Sintra area and coast...what wonderful people and a beautiful country!

Bill

DCS, the UH-1H - see the DCS World Forum at AVSIM ;-)!!!

I sold X-Plane10 to invest in Prepar3d :-)

Yes Barreiro, Portugal. Nearby Sintra is where I've made lot's of as-k21 flights, from Sintra Airbase - BA1 - LPST :-)

The Azores (Açores in portuguese as you wrote) are the most beautiful portuguese islands IMHO! 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...