Sign in to follow this  
Stelios

How True?

How true to the real 737 cockpit, the FMC and engine start procedures is the PMDG 737NGX?

stelios

Stelios Christofides

Hi Stelios

The NGX has everything the real airplane has except for a weather radar which is not possible to simulate in FSX.  

The cockpit, FMC, engine start sequence etc.. functions exactly like it does on the real airplane.  

In my opinion it's the most accurate commercial jetliner simulation ever made in the history of Flight Simulator. Buy it, you won't be sorry!  :)

Cheers,

Paul

NGX = UmpOi.gif

I 2nd this, almost exactly like this guy is showing!!

Seriously though Stelios, if you want the Boeing 737NG experience for FSX, look no further than PMDG.

Something I was curious about and tested was a start where fuel was introduced way to early. The 737 has protections from damage during start if an abnormal start is recognized but a hot start is still possible. The EEC just won't let it continue. So I brought the fuel in at 10% N2. No abnormal indications were shown. In fact it didn't show fuel flow until 28ish%.

I was surprised it doesn't require you to start the engines appropriately.

That's the only thing I have seen that doesn't seem 100%.

Am I wrong about the EEC?

-justin

Guys just to let you know that I have already purchased this wonderful plane and it took me a long time to learn how to fly it (with a lot of help from this community here)  and still learning, I just posted the question just for curiosity. It is an amazing plane and since I ought it I don't fly anything else besides occasionally the Level D 767 

stelios

Stelios Christofides