Sign in to follow this  
aarque

Not Getting Confirmation Email

I uploaded a file about two hours ago, KSLE.zip, about 175 mb in size. I got the "We've received your upload successfully" screen but no email containing useful information and it seems a little past "soon." I do not see the file in the "New Files" section, or when I run a search. My ISP has very restrictive filters and it is entirely likely the message from Avsim was blocked, is why I post. Is it possible to forgo the email or confirm it here?

Rick Keller

Yes, earlier self, we can forgo the email, there is no confirmation necessary and the file is now in the library.

Rick Keller

Hi Rick,

Uploaded files sit in a queue until they are processed by one the library staff.

After being approved for proper upload requirements they are then made available for download.

You won't see them in new file listings until this happens.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Yes, that is all good and understandable and thanks for your work in the library, by the way. The upload instructions are written in a way that implies the confirmation email is as much a part of the process as is uploading images. I almost missed the thumbnail insertion window, for example and that is pretty integral. When a person uploads the first time, it is easy to get the impression this confirmation email requires confirmation from the user, in the same way a forum registration would.

Since I am now a seasoned veteran of the process, I know like you that my file will post in due time. I can only wonder about the value of the MD-5 checksum and other information in the email and the remote potentiality but remaining possibility that it has links to edit my upload, because it never arrived.

Rick Keller

Check your spam folder, sometimes e-mails from AVSIM can end up in there (especially the automated ones)

There are no links in the automated e-mail for you to edit your upload, only we can edit stuff in the library and only to a certain extent. If you needed something on your file listing edited - contact us at the library e-mail.