Sign in to follow this  

BSOD daily with and without fsx running.

Fatal hardware error

xxxstop: 000000124 (0x0000000000000000) 0XFFFFFA8008D6F028, 0X00000000BE2000000, X0000000000005110A)

I have run check error for all disks and multiple virus scans and internal MEM check was okay

2ssd"s and one 3TB with FSX by itself on one of the SSd's

the last blue screen occurred when I ran the internal Driver check, I forget what command it was now but it restarted the PC and it went into a non bootable blue screen but I was able to restore to an earlier time using safe mode so that kind of leads me to believe it could be a driver issue?

system

560ti 2500 sandy bridge O/C 4.6g

this is my last attempt before I re install win 7, any advice appreciated

ZORAN

The first thing you could try is look at overheating, often due to dust on the CPU cooler fan. Simple as it may sound, this issue pops up all the time.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Download a software called Blue screen View and check the details for your BSOD.

1y329d.jpg

Howard its dust free and I use core temp and others to monitor the temps and seems okay. I recently Overclocked using the preset auto overclock in the Bios( auto, 4.2 4.6) its at 4.6

when it was standard at 3.3 I still had blue screens although they occurred a lot less.

interestingly Im getting blue screens about an hour into most flights so it could well be over heat.

My pc shut down because it said fan wasn't working but it is (aftermarket) so I disabled it in the bios (fan warning) and all monitoring programs show no over heating as well and fan spinning 1600-1800 rpm

Sid I downloaded the software again ( i tried it already) but as usual I just get the standard opening screen but without any info and says 0 crashes and c/minidump is an empty folder even though it correctly configured in advance settings

ZORAN

opened her up and checked all cable connections, cool master fan spinning as are the case fans as well

ZORAN

Reset default settings in Bios and check again! This might be due to improper overclock settings

1y329d.jpg

will do

have reset optimised defaults and resumed the pmdg flight to Bali. Will see how it goes and report back

ZORAN

Zoran, there are plenty of guys with more experience than me when it comes to hardware and things. However, do I read right, you are running at 4.6Ghz OC'd from 3.3Ghz on air????? If so, then I would suggest this is the problem.... from my experience there is no way you'd get to 4.6Ghz without liquid cooling.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

from my experience there is no way you'd get to 4.6Ghz without liquid cooling

I'm running my i7 2700K at 4.80ghz on Noctua D14 Howard. And it seem all stable after 8+ hour on prime95 stress test.

yeah guys that was the problem. Flying 3 hours on default 3.3 and smooth as silk and longest i have gone without a blue screen

to be honest I cant tell the difference between 4.6 and 3.3 anyway lol

I live in Bangkok and the heat is brutal so I think 3.3 will stay

ZORAN

Thanks Waleed,the Max GeneV mobo has an auto 4.2 setting that I will try when Im 100% convinced 3.3 is stable. I will confirm it all with an overnight flight while I sleep.

So far so good though

ZORAN

I'm running my i7 2700K at 4.80ghz on Noctua D14 Howard. And it seem all stable after 8+ hour on prime95 stress test.

Wow! Impressive stuff...

Howard

just wanted to report back, after having a flight loaded through the night there is no sign of a blue screen ! thanks again guys and to think that I nearly re installed win 7 ,,uggghh

ZORAN