Sign in to follow this  
b738pilot

Any way to make Spain 'look yellow'?

Hi there!

I am using Ultimate Terrain Europe and Ground Environment Pro  and what bothers me is that in the summer whole Spain's vegetation looks like vegetation in, say, the Netherlands or UK - the terrain is green and there is no sign of the Spanish dry mediterranean climate - looks nothing like Spain.

Is there any way to make Spain's terrain look like Spain? :D

Hi there!

I am using Ultimate Terrain Europe and Ground Environment Pro  and what bothers me is that in the summer whole Spain's vegetation looks like vegetation in, say, the Netherlands or UK - the terrain is green and there is no sign of the Spanish dry mediterranean climate - looks nothing like Spain.

Is there any way to make Spain's terrain look like Spain? :D

I don't remember Spain being "yellow"!!(apart from the beaches). Some (many) parts are very green and beautiful.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Take a look for instance at satellite view of Spain on google maps :) Of course the northern and the northwestern part i very green but the climate is extremely wet there. All other parts are of mediterranean climate and are 'yellow' :)

MS Paint or color markers may work...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Could you please elaborate? :D

I was just joking... I'm at work but if I remember correctly GE Pro did a decent job depicting Spain.

FS2020 

GE Pro allows you to create custom textures. Perhaps that is your solution.

I think I know the yellow you're talking about.  I have a Spanair cockpit DVD and the scenery does look yellow.  But I think it was filmed during the dry season.  I'm sure there should be more green during the wet seasons.

I'd go with Appliance's suggestion.  GE Pro allows you to customize your textures.  You should be able to add a yellow tint to a new set of textures.

Ok I could give a try. But then how to configure GE Pro in the way that these textures are depicted only in Spain instead of the whole world?

that these textures are depicted only in Spain instead of the whole world?

Methinks you are now asking too much of FS9 ... and us.

Methinks you are now asking too much of FS9 ... and us.

My thoughts exactly that's why I jokingly posted my comment above...

FS2020 

Ok I could give a try. But then how to configure GE Pro in the way that these textures are depicted only in Spain instead of the whole world?

It will do the entire world.  If you want to go back to your regular colors, you have to re-install the previous textures.

An easier way would be to use FXAA or SweetFX and adjust the Sepia for a yellowish color.  It will make the entire sim have a yellow tint and you can adjust the intensity and saturation.  FXAA is easier to adjust Sepia.  Both FXAA and SweetFX are similar to ENB.  You can change sepia settings while you're using FS9, so once you leave Spain, you can adjust for another look.