Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Norn Hancock's panel with FSX?

I just purchased and downloaded the FSX DC3.  Will Norm Hancock's IFR panel work in FSX or is there another similar panel that will work in FSX?

Thanks a lot,

Howard Bloom

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

If it's the MAAM DC3, Norm Hancock and others have uploaded several panels (Free Stuff on the MAAM Simulation webpages). Bear in mind that the MAAM FSX version is an FS9 port-over.  It works but only after a bit of tweaking. 

John

Supporter.png

John

Yes John, it is the MAAM DC3.  Are you saying that because the FSX version of DC3 is a port over from the FS9 version, that Norm Hancock's IFR panel will work in FSX?   I did not see any FSX panels listed in the "free Stuff".

Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I do not know what MAAM provided by way of 'tweaks' in the version you bought.  MAAM never completed a true FSX version of the DC3 series.  They did some of the work, sufficient to make the planes useable in FSX with tweaks.  This is what I have, and I suspect you have the same.

I suggest that before you do anything you make a backup of the panel folder in the aircraft you intend to modify.  That way you can play around as much as you want knowing that you can go back to the default panel anytime.  Just copy the panel folder, and paste to the same place.  It will automatically name itself as a panel copy and will be inactive till you rename it 'panel' again.   

On the MAAM site find 'FSX Basic Compatibility Update'.  Check through these and decide if you need any of them.  Once done, I suggest you install Norm's FS2004 panel and see what happens. Post again and I'll try to get you sorted.  I fly Norm's panel in FSX without problems so it can be done.  B)

John

Supporter.png

John

Thanks John.  I will follow your advice and let you know how it goes.

Howard

Howard

Okay, I installed the DC3 and Norm's panel and everything looks fine until I cycle through the 2D panels.  As I do, FSX ends and restarts every time.  This is only with the IFR panel in 2D mode.

Howard