Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blaze

Love the subtle details

Seems like each time I load up this plane there is something new and subtle that I hadn't noticed before. The need to use rudder trim while the A/P is engaged is something I have not seen previously on any aircraft but there are a few other simple things that I have noticed too that add quite an affect overall.  I use track IR with EzDoc and set up a view which basically looks down at the FMS at an angle that I can see the rudder pedals. While in this view I was programming my route and noticed the rudder pedals shifting into a position that would have resembled a rudder hard over.  I thought I was having a potentiometer issue with my pedals until I realized the wind seems to have deflected the control surface while I had my head down programming the route; cool.  Another instance while experimenting with the best way to manipulate the steering tiller had me leaving the runway at high speed, I don’t know why but I switched to an external view and noticed the pilot's reach up to cover their faces with their hands as if bracing for impact; over the top! 

I'm sure there are more things to be discovered too.

RE Thomason Jr.

I have to add, despite the one sound issue on Windows 8 I dearly hope they can resolve, the Q400 has proven astonishingly bug-free, given the detail of all the systems and controls modelled.

I wish I could say as much for some of my far simpler payware GA aircraft, or even the default FSX planes (the infamous "Pilot Heat" switch on the C172, for instance...).

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,710.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now