Sign in to follow this  
Phillip Gallagher

MCE control panel shuts down

The MCE control panel closes during reading of checklist but then I can't bring it back up.  Is there a a fix to this?  I say "show control panel" and nothing happens.  Is there a way to use a hot key to bring up the control panel?

The MCE control panel closes during reading of checklist but then I can't bring it back up.  Is there a a fix to this?  I say "show control panel" and nothing happens.  Is there a way to use a hot key to bring up the control panel?

Do you mean MCE closes down unexpectedly or the UI minimizes to a its minimal size?

MCE UI isn't expected to display while the simulator is in full screen mode. That's because for the sake of preserving the limited simulator  virtual address space we've decided to run it as an external application. The UI main purpose is to allow users to set things up to their liking once in a while. After that you can forget about it. The less it pops-up the better for immersion. There is no switch you need to press for FO to be in synch with a particular phase. It's all done automatically.

The control panel closes and then I can't bring it up again.  MCE continues to run but the control panel won't open on command.  I would like to open the control panel to view the checklist responses. 

Hi Phillip.

If you right click on MCE's taskbar icon a menu appears from which you can force open its control panel.

Right-clicking the icon to try to reopen MCE which is already running does not work.  It does not open the control panel...at least not on my computer.  This is still a mystery.  The control panel still closes and does not return on command.

Right-clicking the icon to try to reopen MCE which is already running does not work.  It does not open the control panel...at least not on my computer.  This is still a mystery.  The control panel still closes and does not return on command.

Not sure if that was your wish...

We've changed things in the upcoming build so that the UI doesn't automatically roll-up when the <Checklist> tab is selected.

Since your full name is already disclosed, I will be sending you a link later on.