Sign in to follow this  
dewie93

FSX FPS issue on new setup. NOT the same questions as everyone else!

I should be getting the same sorts of FPS as you but i'm just not, I can barely hit above 30. i still think something is not quite right

Send me your FSX.cfg and I can do some edits for you to get your FPS up and keep good IQ. Also I've had 3 generations of Nvidia SLI so I don't want to sound pretentious, but have you disabled SLI and tried it yet? FSX it notoriously hard to get good FPS and lots of people have mixed results with it (myself included). Seems that on more than 1 occasion my FPS doubled by disabling SLI. 

Hi guys i have a similar problem, i have a i3770k OC to 4.2ghz ,32gigs of RAM @ 2400mhz, gtx680 4gb graphics card ,corsair 240gb ssd, h80i water cooler. I run fsx on 3 monitor setup. Whats frustrating is that with so much fire power I still get as low as 10 frames at big addon airports with addon aircrafts UTX GEX FS GLOBAL 2010 and REX. I thought with a config like this itll be all smooth sailing. Any help is highly appreciated.

Send me your FSX.cfg and I can do some edits for you to get your FPS up and keep good IQ. Also I've had 3 generations of Nvidia SLI so I don't want to sound pretentious, but have you disabled SLI and tried it yet? FSX it notoriously hard to get good FPS and lots of people have mixed results with it (myself included). Seems that on more than 1 occasion my FPS doubled by disabling SLI.

Should I just copy and paste everything to you in an inbox? i could upload it to dropbox I suppose :)

Just tried with SLI disabled, 15FPS at LHR. Not good!

Although saying that, SLI re-enabled, 12/13...

Should I just copy and paste everything to you in an inbox? i could upload it to dropbox I suppose :)

For plain text, the best solution is pastebin.

Just tried with SLI disabled, 15FPS at LHR. Not good!

Although saying that, SLI re-enabled, 12/13...

Sorry to hear your troubles again mate, are you running a dual monitor setup by any chance? Just for purposes of testing I'd disable it in the NVidia control panel, FSX can become very temperamental with certain settings under multi-monitor setups. It's hard to eliminate potential problems but I'm pretty sure it is not your FSX setup because your computer should run FSX very nicely and as you had problems earlier despite the sliders, I highly doubt it's your FSX setup on it's own because out of the box you should see extremely good performance without the need for a tweaked config.

I'm confident this issue is something to do with either your driver settings or something else outside of FSX. To get your NVidia stuff clean, go into your FSX.cfg and disable or set to false anything to do with Vsync or make sure ForceFullScreenVSync=0 under [GRAPHICS] . After that, head to NVidia.com and download the latest appropriate drivers (should be version 314.22) and during the install press Custom(Advanced) and then press "Perform Clean Installation", this will wipe out any lingering driver settings. Once that has been completed, restart your computer and using just the standard NVidia control panel, click Manage 3D Settings and then in the global settings window, make sure Vertical Sync is set to off.

This method will completely rule out Vsync as the potential cause both within the FSX.cfg and NVidia settings. Just for testing also make sure you have aircraft shadows turned off and also turn off "Ground Scenery Shadows" in the Scenery tab of FSX Settings. For now you also don't need anything like Road Traffic, AI traffic or similar as they burn FPS no matter what computer you have. Any other settings shouldn't make much difference on a high specification computer.

If this does not improve your FPS I'm going to be lead to believe it could be some sort of hardware issue or something deeper within the entire installation, I'm assuming also you have turned off Integrated Graphics and that type of stuff in the BIOS. Also! lol, make sure you have disabled any anti virus which actively scans files, like Mcafee, these will inspect every single file in use for viruses so that can be a pain when you need performance.

Hope this helps!

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Could be a hardware issue. His config didn't look that bad and I tried a few tweaks on it for him that didn't seem to help. I had a similar issue before and it was caused due to Intel Speedstep actually downclocking the processor when it should have been increasing the speed ( a later BIOS fixed the issue) but a definite possibility.

Fire up task manager and see what your processor usage is doing and try to log/ monitor your graphics to see what is happening there as well. Running out of ideas here. I realise these aren't the perfect tools to tell how FSX is running but may give an indication of another problem. 

Did you build this PC yourself? You sound knowledgeable on the hardware end of it and it looks like a homemade hardware spec I'm assuming you have the latest windows updates/ service pack and intel chipset drivers etc?