Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Rudder pedals needed

Hi Guys your thoughts thinking you need rudder pedals to control this bird - using spoiler axis on saitek quadrant but aircraft is all over the place also on take off cant imagine landing this with the same process - you cant push forward throttle and control axis at the same time any thoughts would be appreciated.

Rich Sennett

Don't think there is much debating that is there,? When i first stated this hobby years ago I decided then the three most important pieces of hardware were. Yoke, rudder pedals and a 6 axis throttle quadrant for realism. No matter what the model of aircraft or how realistic it is modeled.

Thanks for your thoughts Rendi :)

I'm with Rendi on that. Those three things are a must.

Lee

The tiller/spoiler axis doesn't work above 40 knots, so you should be OK using a yoke or joystick for the tiller axis, my HOTAS WH works great, plus you can switch the tiller off with a switch just above the tiller on the left side panel. I have that assigned to the AT switch on my VRi MCP panel. I tried using the spoiler axis but preferred using my joystick instead, it was much more intuitive.

I think MJC could improve this slightly by making the tiller response a little less sensitive around the neutral point i.e. a flatter slope in the middle.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks Andy great info I do not have a joystick so I think I would have to spend more money for pedals here we go again lol expensive hobby - I will look into your ideas Andy - take care.

Rich Sennett