Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mazelda

sdk big problems

Hi all

I tried to install the Microsoft sdk kit for fsx but i'm having real problems getting it to work I've been through all the troubleshooting but I'm still drawing a blank

I've disabled all my addons then tried to run but the tools option still does not show I've checked the dll file and all the paths seem ok  and I've checked that none of the sdk files are set for disabled True.

Strange thing though and this is probably the reason it will not work is in my fsx cfg file under trusted the sdk  links although I have them set to 1 and saved every time I run fsx then go back and check the fsx.cfg they have been changed back to 0

Any ideas why it keeps doing this here's the dll file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
    <Path>C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <Path>C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
    <Path>C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>VistaMare Core</Name>
    <Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG Options</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG Events</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG Sounds</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Thanks

Hi Pete,

If I understand you correctly, you installed the SDK and are trying to access it through the FSX game interface?

Just so you know, it doesn't work that way. After installing the SDK, you should have a folder called "Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK", IIRC it typically defaults to the same location as where FSX is installed. In this folder are the tools ACES and Microsoft provided us to make 3rd party content. There are lots of 3rd party tools that have nice interfaces that utilize the FSX SDK tools such as BGLComp and XtoMDL and Resample.. etc..

Some of these are:

(Very powerful and free) SBuilderX3.13 http://www.ptsim.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=56

All of Arno's tools like ModelConverterX, CAT, Library Creator XML, etc... http://www.scenerydesign.org/

Free 3d modeling tool: http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax

Most importantly, this website and wiki: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/index.php and wiki: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

VAE_jonp, on 02 May 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

Just so you know, it doesn't work that way.

No, some of the tools do work that way. What good would the object placement tool be, if it wasn't visable inside FSX? Same for the Traffic Toolbox. Would it show traffic if FSX wasn't running?

To the OP, if you remove the entries under the Trusted scetion that pertain to the SDK tools and start FSX, are you being prompted to allow the tools to run and if answering yes, add them as permanent?

No, some of the tools do work that way. What good would the object placement tool be, if it wasn't visable inside FSX? Same for the Traffic Toolbox. Would it show traffic if FSX wasn't running?

To the OP, if you remove the entries under the Trusted scetion that pertain to the SDK tools and start FSX, are you being prompted to allow the tools to run and if answering yes, add them as permanent?

Thanks for the correction, learn something new everyday.