Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

Ai Management

Hi

I have a feeling that my RC is not managing all planes which are participating in the traffic.

Many times i have collision situation, cause other plane is crossing my runway or taxiway when i am on it.

Also on big airports where traffic is dense i've noticed that RC is communicating with maybe half of planes that are coming or leaving.

Any remedy for that ?

BR/Artur

Artur 

On your last question comms were cut down a bit in the immediate airport region while you are on the ground to increase audio performance avoiding response delays. not much, though. Also remember that you will only hear traffic on the same frequency as you.

RC relies mostly on FS to prevent ground collisions. Also make sure that Interact with AI is enabled in RC options. What RC does is when you are on close final it freezes ground AI close to your arrival runway to prevent runway encroachment avoiding go-arounds.

Interact with AI assists in avoiding airborne conflicts enroute and also enables AI chatter for detected chatter. I also advise you to disable the more random prerecorded ai chatter option to reduce confusion and audio processing.

To assist with better FS AI arrival management I suugest you look at AI Smooth version 1.2. It is in the FX Utility Libraries here but works in FS9 as well. By increasing separation of ai aircraft on final it allows you to squeeze between arrivals and also does the same for ai departures reducing the AI takeoff queue. There is also the option which provides additional protection on final separating ai on final from you called Respond To User Aircraft. While RC provides this function try this with AIS and if it interferes with RC control of AI while you are on final disable it. In AIS options just disable the ATC text and communications to avoid conflicts and comm confusion.