Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jonss1948

No Auto Pilot in NGX

I very recently reinstalled the NGX and after 2 flights to test it, I can't get the autopilot to engage. I have noticed some not previously experienced behaviour with the auto Throttle as well that I just want to check out. In my previous install, on takeoff, I only needed to stabilize the thrust at around 40% before I engaged the AT, whereupon the AT would take over. This, without me needing to advance the throttles to max. Now, the aircraft seems to die half way through acceleration. Is ; 'all throttles forward', correct?

Jon

You should check the PMDG aircraft settings through the FMC. It is possible that some autoflight system failures have become active without you knowing about it.

check youtr controls to make sure they are centred properly as it will disengage the a/p if there is any input. You can also disable fail op in the pmdg options and it wont be so picky about the conditions to engage a/p but i would put a bet on uncommanded control input

You should check the PMDG aircraft settings through the FMC. It is possible that some autoflight system failures have become active without you knowing about it.

check youtr controls to make sure they are centred properly as it will disengage the a/p if there is any input. You can also disable fail op in the pmdg options and it wont be so picky about the conditions to engage a/p but i would put a bet on uncommanded control input

Ah yes. A trap for the uninitiated. I now have an autopilot. Thanks.

Jon