Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

AOTD for 5/10/13 Ooiki Falls

This waterfall cache in the south of Kauai is a repeat of 4/2/13.  If you missed it, now's your chance.

Enjoy.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I did not have this one. Strange, I just can't see how I missed it. From my pictorial records, I see the 4th of February as Logan, not Ooiki.

Even worse, people are talking about 300 Aerocaches, but I only have 269 racked up. What happened? Sure, I still have 6 or 7 helo Aerocaches unclaimed, and a couple of repeats that are off the Map, but that is still far from 300 for me.

Must be a whole bunch of "Senior Moments:! :lol:   You laugh, but it will happen to you someday. Lance is far worse than me. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was beached on a spit of land at the Ipuolono Reservoir, so I just climbed the Icon out onto the Halewili Road and used that as a runway.

Ooiki_01_zpscbb93aa8.jpg

I would have followed the Hanapepe River up to the Falls, except... there is no Hanapepe River.

Ooiki_02_zps7f441220.jpg

It looks like a bug, it was not included in the scenery. I'll file this for an eventual bug report. :P

The Falls are there, though.

Ooiki_03_zpsf8532426.jpg

The Alexander Reservoir is missing also.

This is where the river begins, very close to the coast.

Ooiki_04_zpsc8fd615f.jpg

Of course, there is a bridge, so I landed on the river and coasted under it.

Ooiki_05_zps4f59fb7a.jpg

And then beached the Icon on the banks while I scooted up to the nearest bar for a cold beer. :lol:

Ooiki_06_zps2a80629a.jpg

Best regards.

Luis

Must be a whole bunch of "Senior Moments:! :lol:   You laugh, but it will happen to you someday. Lance is far worse than me. :rolleyes:

And then beached the Icon on the banks while I scooted up to the nearest bar for a cold beer. :lol:

What?!? What ever happen to respect your elders?

That's OK, my response is a simple 2-9-8!!! Read it and weep!

On the way up to the AotD I saw a bridge and thought of my "friend", Luis. On the way back I thought "I haven't flown under a bridge in a long time."

Once you sober up from your cold beverage, you'll find me scattered amongst the shrubs and bushes, because I still haven't flown completely flown under a bridge in a long time... :blink:

I'm like Rick, I show that inside Flight I collected Ooiki Falls on April 2 - 4/2/13.  Perhaps in your sub-tropical paradise you use a different date format than we do up here. To us February 4 would be 2/4/13. Oh well, whatever.     :blink:

Blue skies & tailwinds,

-Alan

Tropical paradise, Alan, tropical. We are within the Tropic of Cancer. :lol: Florida is sub-tropical and Texas is just plain hot! B)

Generally, U.S. date format is Month-Day-Year, but the rest of us savages like to use a logical system, so we are ether (from small to large) Day-Month-Year or (large to small) Year-Month-Day.

Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_formats#Date_format

Either way, and I checked both, I still don't get Ooiki. Could this be one of those that was only up for a hour or two that a few of you got?

Best regards.
Luis

Yeah, it will get hot here but when it does my humidity may only be about 15% (ie: I dont live in Houston!).

I can't remember if Ooiki was only up for a short while or not but at least you have it in your collection now. I, too, have 269. I'm missing some because I wasn't camped outside MS's front door waiting for the Flight release and I didn't get Alaska right away due to concerns about the shutdown.

Blue skies & tailwinds,

-Alan

Luis, You are correct in that Ooiki falls did appear on April 2 and so did Haleakala Sunrise.  I think this was one of the glitch days. Anyhoo, I got them both on that day and since Shaktoolik finally appeared in the permanent cache list, I now have 304 or 305, (can't remember exactly) which constitutes all the caches to date except "Curvature" which no longer exists.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals