Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zevious Zoquis

Microsoft's patch works flawlessly!!!!

Guest SoarPics

I just finished a 90 minute flight in northern California with the new upgrades for both the sim and the 172R. It don't get much better than this!!! All is working just fine here.Microsoft FS9 upgrade... wonderful!Flight1 172R upgrade... superb!To be simming today... simply blissful!!!!Thanks to MS for the upgrade. You folks dun reeeeal good!! :-)Greg

well i d/l and installed it and all went well and fast, i got the ok message and then updated to the latest version of active camera 2.0 and 3.4 of fsuipc and now i get nothing but ctd's all the time, fs is no longer usable, i dont know whats wrong!!!!!!! my plane is sitting on the runway and then after about 15-20 seconds, everything goes black and boom, crashbut you say bad afcad file?? how do i find which one is bad?ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

With a top of the line system I am getting horrible performance, worse than before the patch. At least I made a backup. I guess Microsoft doesn't like the beta drivers from guru3d

Guest CargoMun

Im getting the usual (great) performance using the ATI Catalyst 8.07 beta drivers from Omega but I guess its always very different from one PC to the next.

I got the same problem after installing the new active camera version 2! Someone knows a solution to this?I can't sim like this i have to uninstall active camera :(Claudio

guys with the screen black out after a few seconds. replace your display.cfg file. you can get it from disk1/Games folder.Worked for meEarl

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Installed the patch with no problems. Everything seems to be working as always. While I wouldn't say I see anything in the way of an increase in average fps, I'm pretty sure things seem smoother in general with the patch - I don't see the framerate jumping around nearly as much as before, especially in dense scenery...

Just installed patch... No problems... Removed NoCD file, installed patch, put NOCD file back in.Saw fairly dramatic frame rate increase and no conflicts with FSNAV (2-monitor), USA Roads, and Ultimate Traffic.I did have to recalibrate my yoke. It was skewed very much to the left, which made right banks very sluggish.Tampa Bay bridges ????? Still Gone!!!!Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 3000+WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest Gdavis101

Works great, no problems here!

Hi EveryoneI installed the patch last night without a hitch. It appears that simmers who have made changes to their config system may be experiencing some problems.The only changes I made to the program when purchased was, I purchased several payware aircraft, MyTraffic, FSNavigator and FSMeteo.Just completed a transatlantic trip no problems.Good luck to those who are experiencing problems.I have maxed Auto Gen and moved some of my sliders further left without taking a hit on the FPS.Unsure what some mean when they refer to inserting disk 4 into the CDRom prior to boothing up FS2004.After installing this patch I simply rebooted back up to FS2004 no problems.Take Care:)Kenny G.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

I'd assume thats becuase you had the nocd exe installed, which means the patch installer didn't actually update the exe itself, which means you're still running the 9.0 exe instead of the updated 9.1 exe. Just what that actually means in terms of getting the full benefit of the patch is still being debated, but afaic, MS says the exe has been changed so I'm sticking with the new one. I can put up with leaving the cd in the machine far a few days till the new nocd appears...