Sign in to follow this  
felipeturbay

Route planning in Active Sky 2012

hello everybody,

I just included Active Sky 2012 into my add-on list for FSX, pretty cool so far. I was just wondering how can I transfer the route planning (I used RouteFinder) into Active Sky so that I can determine the weather during all waypoints?

Thanks for any comment!! 

Use simroutes.com, export the flight to default FSX format, then upload that into AS2012.

I have noticed that simroutes is more for USA right? because I try to make a flight plan from EDDS to EHAM and show no result! Is it like that or am I doing something wrong?

Hello AJ,

I have the following route taken directly from RouteFinder website: LQSA SID VEBAR UP738 RAMAP UL614 NISVA L614 ADORU UL614 ENESU STAR LTBA

how can I introduce this into active sky?

thanks!

AS2012 is not a professional flight planner so it won't show detail like SID/STARS (unless you could somehow add the waypoints for the SID/STAR you think you will be departing from/arriving at).  I very rarely import a flight plan I have developed into this flight planner and have found there really isn't much difference if I simply enter a 'From' 'To' and the altitude and the speed.  For instance, entering KLAX to KSFO and maybe entering a waypoint of AVE is sufficient for me.  The weather along the route, whether the flight goes over AVE or not, is not that much different.  I'm most concerned about the weather at takeoff and arrival.  The AS2012 flight plan does not control your flight other than getting and providing the weather along the route.  Maybe I could see putting in more waypoints if you have a long flight such as from KLAX to Paris France but that would be easy to fix too by entering a few of the waypoints.  Of course, if you can import the flight plan, then that would be the easiest way to accomplish this task.  Most of my plans are made from actual routes I get from websites (like AJ Pongress) instead of relying on a professional flight planner.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

yes Jim, you are right, I just flew the flight plan active sky planned for me vs the flight plan gathered on RouteFinder and it does not make such a difference...

Thanks!