Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AdvancedFollower

Entering facility name rather than identifier?

Using either the direct-to or way-point funkction, is there any way to search the name of the airport/navaid etc. rather than the identifier? I can jump to the second line, which shows the name once you've typed in an identifier, but I can't seem to be able to type in a name directly.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I do not think so.. You can look up the Identifier on the Waypoints page, but you cannot enter the name directly..

As best I know, the real G1000 is no different..

I do not think so.. You can look up the Identifier on the Waypoints page, but you cannot enter the name directly..

As best I know, the real G1000 is no different..

Well, if it's realistic I'm OK with it. With all other FS GPS units/glass panels it has been possible, though. I can scroll to the correct line using the knob, but when I press on the clickspot (lower-center part of the knob), nothing happens.

Well, if it's realistic I'm OK with it. With all other FS GPS units/glass panels it has been possible, though. I can scroll to the correct line using the knob, but when I press on the clickspot (lower-center part of the knob), nothing happens.

I take that back - the other GPS units do indeed support that capability, something I only discovered because of your post  :blush: