Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JeffEvans

Framerate slowdown as flight nears end

I've been simming since the square cloud days but still have sort of a "newbie" question.  Why do my framerates drop dramatically near the end of most of my flights?  Using PMDG 737NGX, Radar Contact, Topcat, Active Sky 2012, REX, FSC9 on a fairly high-end machine.  Is there some sort of cache that is cumlative throughout the flight that might slow me down near the end?  If so, how do I adjust it?  Would appreciate any help/suggestions.

Jeff Even
Rocklin, CA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If the slow down starts during descent, could be your ground texture sliders too high.

My system stutters more as i get closer to ground.

trying lowering your ground texture complexity to eliminate them.

What traffic program you using ? could also be the cause.

Basically fps slowdown could be cause you getting closer to your airport or as you suggest some app progrsssivly eating away at system resources.

Try eliminating some addons from each flight to see the effect, eg as2012 etc

When you descend to approach, you're lower, meaning more ground detail comes into view. As you get nearer the airport, all the AI traffic and objects at the airport start loading, too. On take off you're also low, but you have the nose pointed up, hiding much of the scenery.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.  I'll experiment with lower ground scenery settings and see what happens.

Jeff