Sign in to follow this  
Bilbosmeggins

Trying to install P-51D

Why do they make things so sodding complicated?  Just made the mistake of buying the boxed version of the P-51D, because I was lured in by the "free video".  I already have DCS World installed, I did that a few days ago.  Anyhow, I popped the disk in and the only options available are Play (which just fires up DCS World),  Uninstall (which wants to uninstall DCS World), and Play Video.  Nowhere is there the option of installing the plane.  I've fired up DCS world to see if that will let me do it somehow.  All I get linked to is Purchase Download Version.  What the hell?  I'm clearly not gonna buy it twice.  I haven't got it once yet.  I thought everything was supposed to be easy in the DCS universe.  I was preparing to buy the Warthog in a few days, and probably FC3, but now I am having serious doubts.   I would send an email to ED but, last I heard, they don't exactly break their necks to answer problems.   Any ideas anyone?

Right, I've managed to muddle my way through and it's downloading now.  Just hope I can activate it with my box-code when the time comes.

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

Right, I've managed to muddle my way through and it's downloading now.  Just hope I can activate it with my box-code when the time comes.

You will be ;-)  :good:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

All good.  Managed to get it loaded and authenticated.  Certainly not easy doing it from disk though.  There were no pointers or helpers at all.  I had to find the hoops to jump through myself.  On the bright side.................................  It looks amazing :)

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

wait until you try "flying" it..

Yep!  Forget ALL / E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G about your past simulator experience!!!

Forget about the most tricky add-ons you ever had for MSFS, X-Plane, etc... This is another music... And you'll have to learn how to listen to it and even more difficult - play it!

Expect at least 2 weeks before you start understanding why your takeoffs / landings looked so lousy...

Welcome to the best prop aircraft flight dynamics in the world of pc-based flight simulation :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well I'm seriously looking forward to flying it.  My Warthog HOTAS should be delivered tomorrow, and my Saitek Combat Pedals Friday then it's all systems go.  Cannot wait.  And if it really hooks me I'll be looking at building a new system to suit :)