Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdenton

Scenery order to install

This the order I put my scenery in, give back some feed-back???

Put Ultimate Terrains:Alaska,USA,Canada,all patches.Then put all FTX :Pacific Fjords,Gold USA Central Rocky MTS,Blue USA/Canada Northern Rocky MTS. USA/Canada Pacific Northwest,Blue Southern Alaska.Add all the patches for these,Then FTX airports all patches for then,add Vancouver and VancouverPlus after all that is in I add Ground Environment for Alaska,Canada,USA,after tha tI also add UT2 Traffic,FSMap that's about it.Thanks a lot let me know if I can change any thing for the better.....Scott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

after all that is in I add Ground Environment for Alaska,Canada,USA

You're close to correct.  GEX is not a scenery program.  I would install it first.  It replaces your default FSX textures so, when you leave FTX scenery (for instance), these textures will show up.

Ultimate Terrain X should be moved down below any addon scenery.  When you move it down in the scenery library, keep UTX sceneries (several) in the same order as they were installed.

FTX scenery can be installed at any time.  FTX Central will keep your scenery in the proper order but I would first install all the regions like PNW, Pacific Fjords, etc., then any airports.  UT2 and FS Map can be installed at any time.

Best regards,

Jim