Sign in to follow this  
Opus Software

Accurate FSX Destination Weather Up To 240km Away !

Hello.

After Beta test I had one problem with my Opus. I can't see my upper and lower informations. I checked on spy and got this info:

"MET Unable to Extract and Decode GRIB Data"

I try to change many configurations to find one solution but I can't. Allways I saw this menssage on spy. Now I'm still using the 3.00.0 and have all informations about upper and lower atmosphere.

Any idea!?

Thanks

Do you run OPUS as Admin? Is download Grib checked? Does OPUSFSX folder have read and write and sharing permissions?

Did you uninstall before installing the beta, or now the new Release Version 3.1. The FSDECODER program must match the current installation, if it doesn't it will not decode the GRIB data. With everything shutdown, Uninstall your current version (you can delete the contents of your OpusFSX\GRIB folder at this point if you wish), then install the new version and everything should be OK.

Stephen

Also after upgrading please check your Configure and Weather dialogs as requested in our Announcements and note the new version has a new Disable Weather Update on Startup option. If that is set then you will have to force the Weather update manually.

Stephen

Just beat me to the draw though.

Stephen

OMG, my bad! I forgot to del the Opus folder! I'm testing now and work's good! Thank you for the fast support!

Remember not to delete the OpusFSX folder since it contains your configuration and camera files. Only delete the contents of the GRIB folder if you are experiencing problems with the GRIB download due to file corruption etc.

Cheryl :smile:

Question regarding the new way Opus forces the dest. weather 130nm out. How does this effect short flights where departure and destination are within 130nm or less of each other?

If Opus is forcing the dest. weather that far away then it sounds like the depart. weather may be not be depicted correctly, yes or no?

The weather is accurate no matter what distance your flight is.

Internally within the sim we have managed to ensure the Destination weather is accurate for ALL distances up to and in some cases beyond 240km (130nm) away. We are not forcing the weather to be correct 130nm away at the expense of nearby weather.

The weather IS 100% accuate within and throughout the entire Opus 800 x 800 mile weather map.

The injected weather is taken from this map and is accurate throughout its entire region. The new software methods just ensures the 'internal' weather stored by FSX is accurate for your specified Destination at much further distances than it did before. This is all. There are no drawbacks. The nearby weather is unaffected.

Stephen :smile: