Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Still seeing stackhash CTD's after switching to DX10

Sigh, this is an on going problem for me. Even after resetting my fsx.cfg and starting from scratch I am still faced with this problem. I did everything that I could, including the heap limitation fix, disabling certain services, etc. I've really hit the wall with this and don't even know what to do now. I would hope that by switching to DX10 mode that this problem would go away. Very frustrated and angry at the moment.  :angry:

Do you think its because I have no pagefile set that its causing this? I have my Windows 7 install on a 128GB SSD.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Windows 7 requires a 30MB (approximately) on the System Drive. Most simflyers max out their fsx sessions to the point where they are "nibbling" at the Paging File. I would recommend you set it up as per this setup here. A couple of gig should put your problem to rest- ok!   :biggrin:

All the Best,

Bye the way - A big "Welcome!" to the DX10 Club!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul this seems like my last resort in getting this problem resolved once and for good. I have set a paging file on my SSD drive which is where Windows 7 resides. I have set it to 3072/3072mb min/max just like in that picture. Hope this will finally fix my problems. :(

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

That's fine, Cap'n! Is that the only drive that you have in your system?

By the way - it would help an awful lot if you were to put your system specs in your profile, so that they will appear under your name in "My PC", can be accessed by everyone. Thanks.

All the Best,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.