Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The Niagara Falls area...

Although there are missing and notable constructs, such as in the Bay Area of San Francisco...the Golden Gate, Bay Bridges, etc, within the Global Scenery itself, there are quite accurate topography renderings such as in the Niagara Falls area.  While you don't have the Falls depicted, you do have the Gorge, as well north, is the Welland Canal stretching from Lake Erie, to Lake Ontario. I can just imagine someone picking up the regional scenery mantle and running with it. Bringing depth and detail to specific regions.

Everything looks (to me...)  flying over XPX Global, really good at around 5,500 ft ASL. It looks right.

I can't wait for custom regional, and landclass.  I do have a custom HD mesh for the western section of Lake Ontario, which does cover from Hamilton, East towards Belleville, Ontario and then goes back to Global standard.  XPX has such potential, and like everybody else, I hope that there is a growing momentum from publishers to start supporting this active, real-time sim platform.  They have got to know that they must get the ball rolling, and seed content. Not wait for user-base, the other way around before they move into this platform. Their contributions will bring others from the M.S. franchise to this sim, if they see 3rd party support in areas that they are enjoying with an M.S. product at present. 

Build the baseball diamond...and 'they' will come. My thoughts as I fly around XPX this morning....

Back to Buffalo, New York, and the southern Lake Erie Basin..... :)

Radio, out!

Outside of the cities (yuck!) XP is very pretty in a lot of areas. Been exploring the old PNW areas I used to haunt in FSX and, generic textures aside, it looks great.

ALPilot's New Zealand Pro is wonderful. Great to see what's possible with stock textures of they're used properly. And if a talented scenery texture artist could join the mix...wow!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Outside of the cities (yuck!) XP is very pretty in a lot of areas. Been exploring the old PNW areas I used to haunt in FSX and, generic textures aside, it looks great.

ALPilot's New Zealand Pro is wonderful. Great to see what's possible with stock textures of they're used properly. And if a talented scenery texture artist could join the mix...wow!

Yep, as I stated, stock Global Scenery at the setting of Very High, with an altitude of around 5,000 ft isn't a deal breaker by any means. I'm hoping too...that we will start to see 3rd party scenery offerings soon. I can only imagine that sales for FSX are starting to wane, and again, I imagine that a new revenue stream would be most welcome to the likes of ORBX, Rex Extreme, OPUS and all too many to mention by name...all the quality stuff created for FSX.