Sign in to follow this  
mr340

AMD wins race to 5GHz CPU clock speed ( Who is Buying ?)

Hi could you please tell me 

How much vcore do you set to get a stable 4.8 oc ? and what type of liquid cooling are you using ?

Every chip is different  yours may need more or less than the next guys CPU. I know 1.44v keeps me stable up to 4.6ghz just keep you voltage under 1.55v unless you have some serious cooling power and you should be fine. I use an h60 and it keeps me in the 50's under full load at 4.6 ghz I'm gonna get an h100 to hit 5ghz. Also make sure you don't push your mobo past its TDP. 

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

You need 2 CPU's? Doesn't that kind of defeat the expensive part?

Not really i spend 360 dollars on two fx 8350 . Each  cost 180 dollars for me so i bought two just in case the price might raise that is what i thought at first that it was just a day special price .

I have a multiple screen setup here, with fsx running on one.. Movies and stuff on another, and some poker stuff all at the same time running on 1 I7. And i have no FPS drop or what so ever..

Thats great  what i did today was actually record a video with FRAPS an rendering it at the same time with sony vegas  FSX didn't drop is like its freeze on 30 FPS Lock . I was saying to myself maybe the 30 FPS has problem an it froze . I notice dow the temperature went up when i was rendering the video with sony vegas an  fsx open at the same time .

Hi could you please tell me 

How much vcore do you set to get a stable 4.8 oc ? and what type of liquid cooling are you using ?

What are your spec's ? I used  Antec Liquid Cooling an works great for me . It also depends on the type of chaise you have an fans . As for the vcore do you mean how many voltage ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Hi I have a FX 6300 with antec kuhler 620.  8 gb of corsair vengance ram and offcourse my Sweet Corsair cabinet for which i had to scrifice so o much ..the corsair 600 t with 8 fans in total

2 X 200 mm

4 X 120 mm

2X80  mm

maximum I have overclocked to is 4.5 ghz with v core set to 1.38v

I use amd overdrive for overclockling, Prime 95 test takes temps upto 56c but with the room A/C on temps are around 42c. India anyways is a very hot and humid country..  :(