Sign in to follow this  
cobrakev1526

Future versions of XPX

Where can I get any infor on XPX 10.3x I heard that there will be seasons or better looking city's. or maybe that was someone's wishful thinking too. I finally started to fly in XPX this weekend. I also bought 3 planes 1. Mitsubishi MU2 1.5, the Blackshape , jetstream 32. Wow som of the coolest things I've seen in a flight sim so far are the shadows and lighting. I really like the flashlight both red and white. Also seeing the lightning from a thunder storm and night is just awesome. Now if there is a way to fix the sim city aspect!?! I just don't recognize anywhere I usually fly. Like I said in my last post I'm a hardcore FSX flyer but can really see the amazing potential of XPX.

Unfortunately I can't answer much about 10.3 but someone will be along shortly to help out with that:)

As for the default urban autogen, you're right, it's dreadful. My advice is get the freeware HD meshes and OSM + autogen packs from the links dotted over this forum, and stay out of the big cities.

There is some amazing looking countryside in this sim with default textures and the stuff mentioned above. Currently I'm going around France, Switzerland and Italy and my jaw is dropping all the time! The combination of good scenery and great lighting, shadows and cockpit environments is truly stunning in places.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

You can also use photo sceneries to fill in the "green". I tried Miami and Las Vegas and they are great. Sure you can get some strange object placement errors, but the general effect and look is great in my opinion.

Check out : http://simheaven.com/?page_id=8

Where can I get any infor on XPX 10.3x I heard that there will be seasons or better looking city's. or maybe that was someone's wishful thinking too.

Well parts of your ideas for 10.30 are wishfull thinking. Since several versions there are always people totally sure that the next beta must contain seasons. As I thought from the beginning there is no big urgency for this. The most important feature of 10.30 will be a revamping and modernization of the complete scenery, but not in the way most peope think or hope that we download the next update and everything looks much better instead the main work has to do with Laminars internal work flow.. While Laminar uses  for X-Plane 10 data from OSM and other sources, thes informations can't be updated easily since these informations are highly optimized so that X-Plane can read and interpret these informations very fast. With 10.30 they will finally be able to add updates to 6the basic terrain, landmarks, roads and so on. On the one hand they will be able to fix several basic bugs in some areas and update the OSM data that has grown in the last two years considerably. But they won't make updates for the whole world in one go instead they offer a few updates for the biggest problems, and every future update will also contain updates for another area.It is difficult to say what else they will add in the next beta. It will be more a question which features and bug fixes will be ready till the beta goes final.