Sign in to follow this  
gpbarth

AIRAC Data Loading

Just downloaded and installed the Maddog. So far, so good. Trying to read through the manual page-by-page and get it right. But I'm stuck on page 40 of the User Manual:

If the format for Maddog does not appear in the menu choose the format for the PMDG.
After installation start the Manager & Setup, the application will recognize that new
AIRAC have been installed, will automatically move all the files to the folder
<fsroot>\MADDOG2008\SIDSTARS and run the MD_Cleanup in background.

I subscribe to the Navigraph FMS data, and I currently have 3 separate items that use the data: the PMDG 737NGX, the FS1 MD-80 Super Pro, and FS Commander (for planning). I am current on cycle 1306. Now it says to choose the format for the PMDG (there is no "Maddog" choice in Navigraph). I have that saved. However, I have no idea of how to install it for the Maddog. When the install is run, it populates the data in the PMDG 737 folder, and nowhere else. I cannot tell it to install elsewhere. SO: how do I install the nav data from Navigraph into the Maddog folders?

Help!

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Unfortunately the manual misses a crucial step. After copying the contents of the PMDG sidstars folder to the maddog sidstars folder you have to copy the contents of the PMDG navdata folder and paste them into the folder FMCWP. Should be located within your root FSX folder. Lastly, run the maddog load manager and it should prompt you to confirm running the procedures setup and cleanup. Hope this helps.

:blush: Sorry, guys. This seems to have been posted in the wrong forum. If the moderator would be so kind as to move it to where-ever the Leonardo Maddog area is, I'd appreciate it.

Unfortunately the manual misses a crucial step. After copying the contents of the PMDG sidstars folder to the maddog sidstars folder you have to copy the contents of the PMDG navdata folder and paste them into the folder FMCWP. Should be located within your root FSX folder. Lastly, run the maddog load manager and it should prompt you to confirm running the procedures setup and cleanup. Hope this helps.

That did indeed help! Did I miss this information in the manual?  Don't remember seeing it. Anyway, looks like I've got it properly installed. Now I have to get the FS2Crew for it. Thanks!

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg