Sign in to follow this  
bodlinjack

skeletal or missing graphic detail on pmdg 737

I cured this problem with the HIGHMEMFIX=1 line added in the (graphics) section of the fsx.cfg file. But occurred again and this time it was when I enabled preview direct x10 in display settings. No other aircraft were affected just the pmdg 737.

DX10 Preview is not compatible with older non-FSX aircraft.  In order to see those textures, you will need to buy AddonConverterX. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Are you talking about the NGX?

I believe there is some confusion here Jim between the older 737 and the one released in 2011.

I apologize as I missed your last sentence (slapping hands with ruler).  The PMDG is compatible with DX10 and if you are seeing anomalies with that aircraft, the program is not installed properly or you may have your fsx/display driver settings set too high.  When you set FSX settings too high you will have trouble rendering high quality aircraft such as the PMDG.  The highmemfix normally fixes black textures on the outside of the aircraft.  In any case, I have the PMDG 737 and there are no skeletal or missing graphics so it must be a bad installation.  When you installed the aircraft, did you right click and select run as administrator.  You might also go to the main fsx folder and right click on the directory Microsoft Flight Simulator X and select Sharing and then Advanced Sharing and make sure the folder is shared.  If not, tick the Share box.  Also click on the Customize Tab and Optimize the folder for "General Items" plus make sure you tick the box under that to also apply this template to all subfolders.  If you are having further problems, you need to let us know your system specs and whether you have FSX/Acceleration installed or FSX/SP1/SP2 installed.

Sorry for the confusion.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10