Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

MY ADVICE TO PETE RE-FSUIPC

I really cannot believe what I

Guest Lobaeux4

I understand you're mad, and I'll be one of the first to pay for FSUIPC, I think it's that important, and Pete should have no problem with charging for this little gem. BUT, we all have to remember that this is just a hobby and you shouldn't let an issue like this affect you so.Just my opinion,Lobaeux

Its not just an FSUIPC issue though is it Lobaeux. It's life. The whole World appears to getting more and more selfish. Everything for nothing. It may just be a hobby but I'm betting it's more than that to Pete. Lletting issues fire us up once in a while is not a bad thing.

Guest Lobaeux4

I know, and it's a pretty important 'hobby' to me as well, just don't like to see people get so fired up over things, that in the end won't matter. Those slugs that complain about paying for something they've used for free for so long, will either pay or will not, but in the end it's those of us who will pay and will support guys like Pete Dowson that will reap the benefits in the end.Lobaeux

$25 buys you a couple of pizzas and a few beers to wash em down. What do you get for that? Fat and drunk. It also buys you the means with which to fully enjoy your hobby in the comfort of your home without a bucketful of fat and the risk of a hangover.To those who whinge about $25 you are the saddest bunch of prats to walk this earth albeit by the sounds of it in many cases - still on all fours. You are the same people who probably sit on the loathesome spotty behinds and ponder your next hardware upgrade without blinking an eye.Pete Dowson has given you the benefit of his time and expertise in the past for nothing. If you bothered to read the history behind his decision you will note his circumstances and his income stream have changed recently and he can no longer devote the time freely to continue upgrading FSUIPC. He was faced with a choice - ditch FSUIPC and move on or make FSUIPC earn it's keep. People would have been mighty quick to castigate him if he had chosen the former option AND you would have had a shelf full of useless add ons. People call him selfish - look in a mirror and the epitomy of selfishness will be looking back.Think of it this way - FSUIPC has been free for four years or so - it is going to cost you $25 - spread the cost over the full time he could have charged and you will see it is a very cheap option.Build a bridge and get over it.

Guest H_Kev55

Sorry, but I can't resist.I back Pete all the way in wanting to recoup some of his investment in his work. How much has he spent in time, reference materials and server bills? Who knows. But one thing we know is that for years he has provided us with one of the most popular FREE add-ons that has come our way.Now, this is not a dig at Pete at all in what I'm about to write, but it seems to me that all of you who are complaining about all your add-ons not working until you buy FSUIPC are to blame. No one held a gun to your head and made you buy/download/install everything that requires FSUIPC to run.I'd like to have a new car, but right now, will have to do without. The old one still runs just fine.KJhttp://fsgateway.com/frank/fs9paibeta.jpg

Guest guyjr

True enough... and by that logic, I would HIGHLY recommend that anybody who isn't planning on buying FSUIPC, don't buy FS2004 either. No point anyway, even after all the hype, screenshots, etc, it _still_ looks like nothing more than a facelift. Much better for those that value legacy add-ons to just stick with what works and sidestep this whole issue once and for all.

>True enough... and by that logic, I would HIGHLY recommend>that anybody who isn't planning on buying FSUIPC, don't buy>FS2004 either. No point anyway, even after all the hype,>screenshots, etc, it _still_ looks like nothing more than a>facelift. Much better for those that value legacy add-ons to>just stick with what works and sidestep this whole issue once>and for all.FS2004 is a lot more then a facelift.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>No point anyway, even after all the hype, screenshots, etc, it _still_ looks like nothing more than a facelift.;)As far as I am concerned FSUIPC is an absolutely essential Addon. It remains a mystery to me as to why MS and the commercial 3rd party software developers who require FSUIPC's facilities for their products to interface with FS, have not recognised this fact in terms of financial reward for Pete's outstanding and ongoing selfless efforts. There can be few addons that have contributed to our hobby with such significance in so many different ways. It would be interesting to examine the HDs of all the developers who run FS at home. I'm sure FSUIPC.dll will be in their modules folder as it is on most of ours. Few will admit it, however, officially.Pete deserves our appreciation and respect for what he is now about to do. What people are tending to overlook is the fact that this guy probably started out, like many hobbyists, with an idea that fired him with sufficient enthusiasm to justify devoting a significant slice of his life towards its development. This he has done admirably and without complaint for many years. The problem is that while the rest of us can simply ditch and move on when such enthusiasm pales, that option has not really been available to Pete as so much now depends on his module's continuous development. Okay, I suppose he could have elected to throw in the towel and offer the task to some other willing soul but how many of us possess the necessary skills? Moreover, who on earth wants that sort of responsibility with so many other demands on our time these days.Let's try not to be so selfish and try to understand where Pete is coming from. I will certainly be right there in the queue with my 20 Euros for the next version of FSUIPC and will feel more than happy to do so.Mike :-wave

Guest claudius41ad

>>I will certainly be right there in the>queue with my 20 Euros for the next version of FSUIPC and will>feel more than happy to do so.>>Mike :-waveMe too MikeFor those who don't want to pay...........go withoutFor those who want it..........pay for it.Roger:-beerchug

Guest Daniel Pimentel

>I really cannot believe what I

Guest ba747heavy

>For those who don't want to pay...........go withoutWell, thats not entirely true ;-) Pete is still offering the free version of FSUIPC, minus some nifty things. So, you don't necessarily need to pay for FSUIPC to get it's (limited) functionality.>For those who want it..........pay for it.I will be one of these people ;-)

Guest ba747heavy

>Since you seem to have missed the whole point of that thread>let me refresh it for you (two things were said in it) First>of all, problem is not whether Pete's going pay or not, it's>that he waited until the community depended on the program to>do so. Second of all, the other point was that people like you>who rejoice in having tantrums over issues not even directed>at them should chill out and let the people who disagree state>their opinions in peace without having to get shot at. Well, I think his move made perfect business sense. He waited until the market needed what only he(until very recently) could give, and then is asking a fee for it now. Seems perfectly reasonable ;-) What do you think he should have done? (not meant in a 'mean way', just as a question of what you would do in his shoes) 'back in the day' when he first released it, he had no idea what it would become.Regards,