Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

The newest versions of FSUIPC and Active Sky killed all my turbulence. Hey guys I want to shake a little ;)

For what I could find out, the previous versions made FS9 shake too much (I am new to FS9, but have been using FS2002 for two years) and then the new versions released have no turbulence at all.I have the registered version of FSUIPC and AS WXre.Can this problem be addressed? It gets boring to have no turbulence at all and I miss mostly those intense landings with wind shear.On the other hand I have Air File Pro 1.11 from my FS2002. Does it work in FS9. It is not the turbulence I am looking for, but until the other one gets fixed it'll do.Thanks,Leo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You will need to check out your settings for turbulence in AS options first. Do not confuse this with wake turbulence. There are also settings to turn turbulence on and off in clouds in FSUIPC. For FS9.1 be sure you are running version 3.40 or better. Also note that ASWXre has recently released a new beta.The degree of in flight turbulence can be set in your FS9.cfg as:TurbulenceScale=0.500000 in the weather section. This has worked well for me.For FS9 I encourage you to consider purchasing AS2004.5 (upgrade from ASWXre no longer available) due to major changes in the FS9 weather engine that allow manipulation of local weather areas allowing multiple weather conditions to be modeled at the same time in the range surrounding your aircraft. Your current ASWXre weather occurs everywhere in the world at the same time giving poor transitions as you fly among different areas. As an example with 3D clouds enabled you can see thunderstorms building in the distance while you may still be in a clear area. This also makes possible pretty good implementations of weather radar (one is included with AS2004.5).Check out the related threads on this forum and on the Active Sky forum here on AVSIM.

Hi Leo,Remember that AS turbulence (in wxRE) has many random and conditional factors. You're not going to get the same turbulence all the time. You also may be experiencing the effect of buggy wind shears no longer happening with FSUIPC 3.30+. If you want such random instant wind transitions, just go to FSUIPC 3.0 and/or turn off wind smoothing with the latest 3.40.Hope that helps!