Sign in to follow this  
flight1986

KJAC Cloud issue

Hey all,

I am having a strange issue, purchased ORBX KJAC and its awesome but my clouds are always on the ground, removed scenery and used default same issue, if i put clear skys naturally no clouds, soon as i move the slider to few clouds clouds are on the ground, am i missing something. Also i use REX and OPUS. KJAC is the only airport i get this issue at.

any help appreciated,

Thanks

Arslan D

KJAC is at 6'451ft. I am guessing the clouds being reported and generated by your weather engine are placing at or below this...making them show up on the ground. 

Thats what i thoight but cant find a location to change that

Are you using REX for texture an Opus for weather engine?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

"Thats what i thoight but cant find a location to change that"

Exactly

Check your weather settings in FSX, not Opus.  Make sure that you're actually getting Opus into the sim and that you're not getting a weather theme instead.  The default "fair day" weather setting will give you clouds on the ground at KJAC since the cloud level is about 6,000 feet.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Check your weather settings in FSX, not Opus.  Make sure that you're actually getting Opus into the sim and that you're not getting a weather theme instead.  The default "fair day" weather setting will give you clouds on the ground at KJAC since the cloud level is about 6,000 feet.

How can i make sure opus is getting into the sim then??

Check the "User Defined Weather" radio button on the FSX Weather page.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

and if you want to use a default fsx weather theme, just change the cloud layer height in the advanced weather settings tab

Check the "User Defined Weather" radio button on the FSX Weather page.

I have tried that and that works but I want something that will automatically do it and i thought that FSX had the elevations already configured so that whichever software generates the weather would know.

and if you want to use a default fsx weather theme, just change the cloud layer height in the advanced weather settings tab

I tried that but need a fix rather then having to change it always.

Thanks for your replies.

Opus should switch the radio button to "User defined Weather" automatically.  If it's not, you might go over to their forum and ask how to get it to do that.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Opus should switch the radio button to "User defined Weather" automatically.  If it's not, you might go over to their forum and ask how to get it to do that.

Thanks. I actually got rid of Opus and just using the REX engine seems ok now, still needing to set up in FSX the elevation and all