Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flamer

FSUIPC with single throttle

Hi Guys,

I have the cessna pro flight system with one quadrant. I have just got FSUIPC v4.8 registered which i thought was going to do what i need but I cannot get it working this is all I want:

1) the single throttle lever to control the single engine in a single engine plane

2) the single throttle lever to control both engines in a twin engine plane

3) dito for a 4 engine plane

4) throttle negative action (below th detent) to be configured as reverse thrusters for all 4 engines

all of the above without having to hot key or change anything between aircraft types.

The screenshot shows what I setup, I deleted the asignment in FSX control. and set what I thought made sense.

Now the behaviour I have is after the change:

1) in a 4 engine plane the throttle lever does nothing

2) in a signel engine plane the throttle is either full on or full off.

Please help I scoured everywhere but still cannot figure it out.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have the cessna pro flight system with one quadrant. I have just got FSUIPC v4.8 registered which i thought was going to do what i need but I cannot get it working this is all I want:

First off, 4.8 is not supported. you need to be on 4.9 or later. 4.8 is not avasiable anywhere any more in any case.

Second, why not ask in the FSUIPC support forum, as documented in the FSUIPC documentation, publicised on the websites, and even displayed on the main Options screen in the FSUIPC menu?

1) the single throttle lever to control the single engine in a single engine plane

2) the single throttle lever to control both engines in a twin engine plane

3) dito for a 4 engine plane

4) throttle negative action (below th detent) to be configured as reverse thrusters for all 4 engines

The instructions for doing precisely this are given in the user guide

Simply assign to the single generic throttle (either "Axis Throttle Set", or, for the more efficient Direct assignment, "Throttle", or even to the default throttle in FS itself). Then in the calibration page 1, check the "Map to 4 throttles" option.

In the 4 throttles calibration page, calibrate throttle 1, and check the three "map to ..." options for 2, 3 and 4 engined aircraft.

The system is designed to easily use any combination of 1, 2, 3 or 4 throttle levers for any aircraft.

The screenshot shows what I setup, I deleted the asignment in FSX control. and set what I thought made sense.

Now the behaviour I have is after the change:

1) in a 4 engine plane the throttle lever does nothing

2) in a signel engine plane the throttle is either full on or full off.

You assigned "direct to FSUIPC calibration". Did you then actually calibrate? If not that cannot possibly work, don't you see? If you assigned to the FS controls you wouldn't need to calibrate, but then you'd get no reverse zone either.

You'll need to delete your current assignment in FSUIPC. You'll never get what you want that way.

Additionally, if you are assigning in FSUIPC (which is not essential to get what you want -- the calibration features work with FS assignments too), you should consider assigning EVERYTHING in FSUIPC and disabling controllers altogether in FS because otherwise you will sometimes find FSX automatically reassigns things causing unpredictable interference.

Please help I scoured everywhere but still cannot figure it out.

Really? Did you try the FSUIPC user guide at all? Did you try the FSUIPC Support Forum at all?

I don't normally answer these things here and I probably won't be back in this thread, so please do use the correct place for any further assistance.

Regards

Pete