Sign in to follow this  
Silver_Dragon

RGG studios and Eagle Dynamics joing forces

extracted ED Forum:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1810440&postcount=1

The remaining team members of the now shuttered Maddox Games is coming abroad to DCS. Luthier's team had just confirmed that they are working on the WWII time period. Official announcements are coming out 'soon'...

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Went to the original post, had Google translate it from Russian & this was one of the sentences that it came up with:

Hike on our street turn over a truck with gingerbreadsmile.gif

Nearly fell out of the cockpit laughing!!

Still, if we are going to get a WWII / Korea sim with the DCS level of detail & accuracy, well worth waiting for!

That is famous Russian haiku. We have a saying, don't come driving in my neighborhood with your gingerbread truck unless the Commissar has approved. Uh oh.

ok, Luthierm official news on ED forum:

Hello folks,

Wow, what a big thread.

Sorry - this whole thing wasn't supposed to be public yet. A single misclick on my part set in motion a chain of events of such epic proportions, who could have ever guessed. And well, here we are.

I've been posting on a Russian forum a bunch last night since that's where the leak came out. Figured I owe it to you guys to actually post everything in English.

Here's what I talked about in Russian yesterday:

1. There’s a new project in development between RRG Studios (my company) and Eagle Dynamics.
2. We’re making a new WWII flight sim.
3. The general approach in the new sim is the same as in DCS: P-51.
4. Cockpit workload, cabin systems, levers-buttons-gears, reliance on actual historical manuals, and the flight model, will be the same as in DCS: P-51.
5. Modeling of various secondary internal systems, such as modeling the pressure inside each bend in the hydraulics, will be somewhat simplified.
6. The landscape in the new project will be based on EDGE.
7. The theater, planeset, screenshots, videos, etc – will come in due time.

And here's some new information:

1. Myself and a bunch of ED guys are flying in nice tight formation to the Flying Legends airshow tomorrow. We’ll go TSA on the vintage warbirds there. There’ll be lots of videos and photos.
2. The official project announcement, alongside screenshots, videos, schedules, and the most detailed feature description you’ve ever seen on any flight sim ever, will come no earlier and no later than September 1st, 2013. The date is very important for the project. We cannot miss it. Be there.

Other than that, I won’t be revealing any more details until Sept 1st.

I'll hang around here for a few more hours, and then I'm off to Flying Legends until Tuesday.

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Whats "EDGE" ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

EDGE has the "Eagle Dynamics Ground/Graphic Engine", a new engine to render new teather and improve visual effects into DCS: World.

1. There’s a new project in development between RRG Studios (my company) and Eagle Dynamics.
2. We’re making a new WWII flight sim.
3. The general approach in the new sim is the same as in DCS: P-51.
4. Cockpit workload, cabin systems, levers-buttons-gears, reliance on actual historical manuals, and the flight model, will be the same as in DCS: P-51.
5. Modeling of various secondary internal systems, such as modeling the pressure inside each bend in the hydraulics, will be somewhat simplified.
6. The landscape in the new project will be based on EDGE.
7. The theater, planeset, screenshots, videos, etc – will come in due time.

Glad to hear this news - if the "general approach" is the same as the DCS P51D then this is one release that I'm really looking forward to!!