Sign in to follow this  
tilgazt

Autopilot info and airplane does not show in exterior views

Hi.  Just bought and installed the 737NGX and have a question related to the autopilot.  It certainly does not behave like the original FSX 737 which is quite instinctive.  I can't get it to keep the set speed or altitude and am unable to find ANY information on the use of the autopilot without the FMS.  Any pointers as to where to find this info is appreciated.

Also, panel wise everything looks fine but any change in the view to the exterior does not show the aircraft, just its shadow and some odd pieces of it.  What could be the problem here.

I downloaded SP1 but when I tried to install it it said that it was already incorporated, indicating that I do have the latest complete version.

All help is appreciated.

Any pointers as to where to find this info is appreciated.

The two tutorials that came with it  :wink:

Start Menu -> All Folders -> PMDG -> 737NGX

While you're at it, you should read the introduction manual, too.

Also, panel wise everything looks fine but any change in the view to the exterior does not show the aircraft, just its shadow and some odd pieces of it.  What could be the problem here.

Your computer setup lacks the HIGHMEMFIX fix.

Take a look here (it tells you were to find the FSX.cfg, and to add HIGHMEMFIX=1 to the [Graphics] section of that file):

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/409288-want-to-go-fsx-from-fs9-but-need-help-on-some-issues/#entry2679482

Kyle Rodgers