Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

FTX Global compatibility with other sceneries

I am aware that this topic has been covered in the ORBX forum, but it is buried in several topics over a period of time, and I now do not understand where we stand.  If anyone here can  help  to explain or perhaps to direct me to the relevant forum topics to get the big picture, I would be grateful.  Here is what I understand:

1) A new setting FTX Global "Hybrid" will permit general compatibility across FTX Global and all ORBX regions and airports.

2) The same setting will provide compatibility across FTX Global and other vendors sceneries/airports who have provided their custom autogen objects to ORBX to integrate into their autogen folder(s).

3)  To date the Scenery developers who have agreed to do this are Aerosoft Germany VFR, 20 Palms, and ESI.

4) Airport scenery developers who have not made an agreement with ORBX, but whose sceneries are completely custom built (i.e., do NOT have custom autogen) will be compatible by default.  The problem is I don't know which airports would fit into this category - I think that most of them do have some custom autogen, so perhaps hardly any will be compatible.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

VFR France. They mess with that file

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I understand that ORBX has approached France VFR but that they have not yet agreed full cooperation.  This is unfortunate, as I have two of the France VFR regions (they are very high quality) and would buy the remaining if I knew that they were going to agree to ORBX's solution for autogen compatibility.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049