Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lykon

Help needed, gauge creation

Hello guys i need some help in order to create a simple gauge. The reason i am writing this post is that i am completely amateur in gauge creation so i need some help. My goal is to create a simple gauge that will shows the center of gravity with zero fuel weight and the center of gravity with gross weight at the same time. Is this possible? Maybe a quick start tutorial on gauge creation? Many thanks in advance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It appears to be possible to display the current CG location, but I have no idea if you could display a theoretical position - that would depend on the math involved, and the FS variables available. And depending on the declared position of the fuel tanks the zero fuel weight CG could change, depending on which tanks have fuel in them.

There is a variable available which gives the position of the current CG as a percentage of a reference chord (MAC), but the position and length of that chord aren't available (as far as I am aware). The dimensions needed to determine the it  are in the .cfg file Thre are variables giving the contents of fuel tanks .

The empty weight CG is also  given in the .cfg file together with fuel tank positions and capacities,.and station load positions and loads.