Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pscharff

Problem with descent flow

Hello,

I think I have got a problem with the descent flow. I have NGX Emergency 2.3E installed, and on my last NGX flights all the calls came too early.

Example:

Shortly before the descent on a cruise level of FL350 I have played the departure brief. I have selected my new altitude of 5000ft. At the descent forecast page of the FMC I've selected 6000ft for the transition altitude.

And then a few seconds after the NGX started the descent I heard the call "1000 TO GO" - that's the first error. A few minutes later I heard "10000ft" - the second error. Then at an altitude of about 18500ft I heard the call "TRANSITION LEVEL" - the third error, directly followed by landing preparation commands. 

Could you please tell me what could be the reason for this?

Btw: I'm using the Button Control Version, and I think I've got this problem since my reinstallation of the FSX on my new operating system (Windows 8 64bit).

Patric

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In the fsx options go Options > Settings > General in the International box under Unit of measure. Change from metric.

In the fsx options go Options > Settings > General in the International box under Unit of measure. Change from metric.

Thanks for your quick answer. Now I have changed the setting to "Hybrid".

Patric