Sign in to follow this  
red2112

CT206H Service ceiling

Hi folks,

A happy owner of this great ac!

I did post this over at the Carenado support fórum but that seems a bit dead.

As per the perfomance sheet, this bird seems to be able to do FL240. In real life (as per wiki) it´s around 25,000ft.

Can we say that 24,000 is it´s service ceiling?

yeah we should turn on the oxygen at that hight, but I don´t think we will vertualy faint :lol:

Thank you.

Care,

Mike

actually I think it's supposed to be FL270, but I havent tried to take her up high.

Interesting, so we can do the big boys highway.

Ok, thanks for your reply Dave!

Care,

Mike

I tried, I did FL265 with no prob...it can climb up to that high...I also tested if the service ceiling of FL270 was correct and yep, it just doesn't climbed more than FL275...

Btw cruising that high, increases the range with a low fuel flow...that's great, but it's not that fast...just if you get a strong tailwind, you can go up to 237 GS (110 KIAS) that's what I got that high...and was great :)

For long long range flights, I usually cruise in the range of FL180-240 and it's fine

Regards ;)

Btw cruising that high, increases the range with a low fuel flow...that's great, but it's not that fast...just if you get a strong tailwind, you can go up to 237 GS (110 KIAS) that's what I got that high...and was great :)

That wasn't all due to a tailwind, don't forget your performance figures are based off of true airspeed not the indicated. You were actually going very fast, and indicated airspeed of 110 on an ISA day at FL270 is about 167ktas which is roughly what the book says you will get at FL270. You will actually fly faster at 270 than any other altitude in the turbo 206 unless you're in a dive of course!

Here is a link to the PDF version of the real PIM for the T206H, view page ii (page 2 of the PDF) service ceiling is listed as FL270. http://www.redskyventures.org/doc/cessna-poh/Cessna_206_C206H-TC_T206H_2007_NavIII-G1000+GFC700-POH-PIM-fromCessna.pdf