Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IAF747

Arashi JAL 777s

I think it's JAL (or ANA) that has the star pop band on its 777s called Arashi. Any paints of this planned for the PMDG?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Think it's time for a big livery topic where the guys at PMDG and others in the community can take ideas.

ANA has several "cattle car" straight 777-200's and 777-300's that are used strictly in high density domestic service.  Remember the ol' 747-400D...load em in and ship em out.  I've flown on both of ANA's models and surprisingly, they do not have air vents.  Overhead seating lights yes, vents no.  As for -200LR/ER & -300ER's I'm not sure what their roster has.

I don't think either airline operates the LR.

Considering the LR is very few compared to ER (777-300ER) models and other more common models I will be surprised if the LR is the ONLY 777 PMDG does. They will have to release the ER and the Trent versions.

With that, we can see the Arashi paints, and even the ANZ ER paint. Not that I like the hobbit much. I like The Lord of the Rings on film, but The Hobbit is much better reading as a book!

ANA has several "cattle car" straight 777-200's and 777-300's that are used strictly in high density domestic service. Remember the ol' 747-400D...load em in and ship em out. I've flown on both of ANA's models and surprisingly, they do not have air vents. Overhead seating lights yes, vents no. As for -200LR/ER & -300ER's I'm not sure what their roster has.

Hmmmm, are you sure? I remember going to Kansai from Tokyo once and I think we had vents. Maybe, maybe not. But yes you can put 550 people in cattle class. For an hour who would fly business? There is no business class in the suburban trains, only more long distance. Even then you need to Green car in the Shinkansen to get special treatment.

Considering the LR is very few compared to ER (777-300ER) models and other more common models I will be surprised if the LR is the ONLY 777 PMDG does. They will have to release the ER and the Trent versions.

With that, we can see the Arashi paints, and even the ANZ ER paint. Not that I like the hobbit much. I like The Lord of the Rings on film, but The Hobbit is much better reading as a book!

Gotcha I thought you were talking about the pending LR release. I would prefer the "green sun" that JAL has but it doesn't look like ANA did an Arashi repaint but this one would be nice. 

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/All_Nippon_Airways_B777-381_%28JA752A-28274-160%29.jpg