Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Looking for photo scenery for Hawaii's Big Island

When can we expect to see the real commercial version of MSE Hawaii?

When there are new source images available without the clouds. Can't give a time frame on that as it is out of our control unfortunately.

9685810343_3449661dfe_o.jpg

9689048282_7ba4359526_o.jpg

If you have the old/priorversion of Oahu from Megascenery, you can simply copy over the Texture folder to the new Hawaii (Oahu) and that autogen  works with the new V2. so you can still have Ohau with autogens...of course  the night scenery  would still be lost. Unless someone knows if we can bring over the night textures over from the old. 

And my Oahu sceneries found here in AVSIM library also works with the v2 of Hawaii.

mm_phjrv1.zip

mm_oahuv1.zip

mm_phngv1.zip

Hi Manny, Looking at your screenshots, you could considerably improve the look and clarity of your MSE textures by following this tweaking guide. If you have a decent computer that can handle it, give it a go... you will be amazed at the difference:

Getting the BEST out of MegaSceneryEarth Visuals

------------------------------------------------

To ensure you are seeing the best photoreal texture quality with your new MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 package, it may be necessary to make some adjustments to your FSX display settings, as well as to your video card settings to ensure these elements are not the cause of "degradation" of the MSE 2.0 textures.

use this information below as a GUIDE ONLY. We do not claim it will work for all video cards, or for all users. But if you are not seeing the same level of detail and clarity in MSE 2.0 states that you see with our screenshots, then you will likely need to tinker with your settings to achieve best results.

It might be worth trying out several adjustments primarily to potentially make the scenery render in full resolution. We found this REALLY helped produce the best views...

1. In your FSX.cfg file, change LOD_RADIUS from 4.5 to at least 7.0 or 8.0. (make a backup of your fsx.cfg file before adjusting of course in case you want to revert later). This will result in slightly longer initial load times, but the scenery will render much sharper further into the distance... It makes a big difference. The radius number you use will depend on your PC and video card specs somewhat, but try not to exceed 9.0 at the very maximum. 7.5 seems a good option for those with GTX560+ or GTX660+ cards.

2. If you have an Nvidia card, go into the nVidia control panel and set your Anisotropic Filtering to 8x. We found at 16x or above that this setting tends to smooth off the textures a little more, whereas 8x retains the full clarity. Might differ for your card but just tinker and see what works best.

3. Naturally, the higher your FSX screen resolution is, the better. Ideally you would run at 1920x1080x32 or higher if you card supports it. If not, choose the highest resolution available. Because MegaSceneryEarth doesn't use resource-consuming autogen, your video card should have no problems being set to its highest resolution level and running MSE scenery smoothly in any of the MSE states/regions.

4. The best zoom factor to use in the cockpit view is 0.40. Any higher tends to cause slight blurring of the textures.. The higher the zoom, the worse the blurring gets. 0.40 is the best compromise.

And lastly, here are our nvidia graphics cards settings, for your reference only. We dont guarantee these will give you the best results, but feel listing them might give you an option to see MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 sceneries how they are made to be best seen.

Ambient Occlusion: Performance

Anisotropic Filtering: 8x

Antialiasing - FXAA: Off

Antialiasing - Gamma Correction: On

Antialiasing - Mode: Override any application setting

Antialiasing - Setting: 16x CSAA

Antialiasing - Transparency: Off

CUDA - GPUs: All

Maximum pre-rendered frames: 3

Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration: Compatibility performance mode

Power management mode: Adaptive

Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization: Off

Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias: Clamp

Texture filtering - Quality: Quality

Texture filtering - Trilinear optimization: Off

Threaded optimization: Auto

Triple buffering: Off

Vertical sync: Use the 3D application setting

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

How is the quality off Oahu MSE v2 versus the original version? I notice a big size difference, the old version was like 350mb and the v2.0 version is like 950mb. 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

How is the quality off Oahu MSE v2 versus the original version? I notice a big size difference, the old version was like 350mb and the v2.0 version is like 950mb. 

I like the V2 so much better. PArticulalry the rich vibrant color of the new O'ahu. I merged it with the earlier version O'ahu's autogens. I lost the night textures but I don't fly around O'ahu at night..so not a big deal

I am hoping for a Mega citty O'ahu using the same soruce as the V2 O'ahu. So I can have this new vivid colors without any compression artifacts. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Manny I also have the old version of MS Oahu, could you please walk me through how I would copy over the textures to the new MSE Hawaii v2.0?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Manny I also have the old version of MS Oahu, could you please walk me through how I would copy over the textures to the new MSE Hawaii v2.0?

Its quite simple

If you notice the new V2 Hawaii(Oahu) folder... you would see only one sub folder in it (I think its the "scenery" folder..but not the "texture" folder.. or is it the other way around)

Simply copy over the missing folder from the earlier version. 

Thats it

Also look for (if you do not already have it) Manny Mahadevan (here at AVSIM Library) there are three sceneries for O'ahu. These are enhancement to O'Ahu (coastal) that I did. 

mm_phjrv1.zip

mm_oahuv1.zip

mm_phngv1.zip

If you can also look at Aeirosft's Hawaii Dillingham X  and FSDT PHNL payware.

Together they make an awesome O'ahu

The only thing that could top this is,a Mega city Oahu (50cm . pixel non compressed) ) from the same source as the V2. To make sure we do not lose the vivid colors. and maybe the night textures/

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Manny thanks for the help and I have all those add-ons already. Thanks! :)

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Hangar Chat" to "The Photoreal Scenery Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.