How much performance do you get with ngx and some popular airports (ft omdb, fsdt klax, flightbeam kiad kphx,etc) and can I run fsx smoothly without clocking (will clock at later date on tight budget so I will wait to get after market cooler)

-Thanks

Hey i just upgraded yesterday...i will report once i get everything up and running.

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

would you mind running this test before you install all your add-ons? http://forum.avsim.net/topic/412162-cpus-compared-clock-for-clock-fsxmarkcpu/

That way we can add yet another CPU to the comparison.

sure.

i would assume that i need to follow all instructions from the link and have no adons installed right ?

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

sure.

i would assume that i need to follow all instructions from the link and have no adons installed right ?

That's correct. Just FSX + Acceleration (or SP2) installed. Just follow the instructions in the link. Thanks

Running fine here. Not too much difference between stock clocks and OC to 4,6GHz, it's smooth on both for me. Your mileage may vary of course.

Not too much difference between stock clocks and OC to 4,6GHz, it's smooth on both for me.

How about FPS? Is it the same at stock and OC CPU?

How about FPS? Is it the same at stock and OC CPU?

I generally don't pay much attention to FPS numbers. It's smooth on stock and OC. When I do cycle through Shift-Z info, it's generally in excess of 30fps (I run unlimited, best performance for me). Lowest I've seen is 13fps coming into Orbx Brisbane in the Captain Sim 777 with LOD at 8.5.

This is all at 2560*1080. I can't be super objective since my FSX is tweaked to my taste (best graphics), but you can't really go wrong with the 4670K in my experience. Mine clocks to 4,6GHz on about 1,18V under an H100i. Max temps under Prime95/AIDA64 has topped out around 80C.

I just built a new rig with a 4670K with an aftermarket CoolerMaster  EVO ($35).  I have my chip stable at 4.4 GHz @ 1.155v with no issues thus far.  My chip hit 4.2 GHz very easy, but it was a much harder jump to get to 4.4.

You'll have to OC it to get the performance you want.  I have a GTX 660 and I have FSX settings on Max.  With the NGX, AS2012 and FTX Global I still sit maxed at 35 FPS (where my FPS Limiter is set).  I'm still fiddling with Traffic settings.

Propane

Thank you for relpy

E6BAV8R

Thanks for info. Can you make a test from here http://forum.avsim.net/topic/412162-cpus-compared-clock-for-clock-fsxmarkcpu/  to fill the space in the tab? That comparison would be very interesting and informative.

I was going to do the test after I got FSX installed but I forgot and have since installed a bunch of new textures and add-ons; trying to get my FSX to where I want it and ensuring no CTDs.  I'm not going to undo all that to run the test.

I will say that I'm running at 1920x1080 and my AS2012 textures are at 1024.  2048 seemed to be too much for the GTX 660, so it came down to a compromise: 1024 cloud textures and loads of AI Traffic and Max settings or 2048 cloud textures and lower settings with no AI.  This is a strictly GPU issue though and won't have anything to do with the 4670K.

Pity :) . But I think I'd too after assembling a new rig was in hurry to build a sim world completely.
Thanks again. Happy flights!