Sign in to follow this  
Crusader2

Another UTX with FSGlobal question ?

Sorry if this has been covered here already . I have sifted through ORBX forum and here . First of all I will be looking forward to ORBX's upcoming LC packages . I just added UTX due to the fact that FSGlobal  does not have road/highway data , only ground texture replacement . I also think that it is recommended that we turn off UTX lighting . Question : How much of the rest of the options in UTX's configurator should we retain and what else should we disable ? This is for those of us who will be using the ORBX's LC's when they come out . IMO , I think FSGlobal has really transformed simming (I am a total P3D user) . For those of use that occasionally fly in South East Asia and possibly use Xavier's excellent Vietnam War Project scenery , go check the area out . A total transformation of the area . No default arid and desert looking terrain where jungle/trees should be .

Thanks , Rich

You might want to edit your entire post and replace FSGlobal with FTX Global!!! FS Global is a mesh addon and has nothing to do with FTX Global. Although they will work fine together. ;)

To answer your question: right now you should only disable night lighting in UTX. When OpenLC has been released you might also want to disable the landclass in UTX. Roads, waters, railroads, etc. can be left on.

UTX also has some custom textures for various things: although they do work well with FTX Global during daytime, they don't really fit in at night so you also might want to disable custom textures.

If I am not mistaken, disabling UTX landclass will be unecessary. Simply placing OpenLC at a higher priority than UTX landclass will suffice.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

If I am not mistaken, disabling UTX landclass will be unecessary. Simply placing OpenLC at a higher priority than UTX landclass will suffice.

True, but somehow it feels saver to disable it anyway. B) You never know how much time it costs FSX to figure out with landclass layer to use... maybe it loads the lower one first and then the top one... and performance goes down 0.001 fps or so... Yeah, I probably am talking utter nonsense here, but I will simply turn UTX landclass off! ^_^

Just a correction in spelling in my original post . I meant FTX Global , Not FSGlobal .

There's a "custom landclass" in UTX you might want to disable too.

At night time you can see a big difference in this landclass's lightning (it's white) versus the FTX Global lightning.  The lightning difference looked a little too patchy too me so I turned off the landclass.