Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi,

I want to use MCE together with VoxATC, and read in the manual that the "end" and "space" keys disable MCE temporarily. However this doesn't seem to work, MCE still recognizes commands while I press any of these buttons.

I checked the ini file and there is a "UseWithVoxATC=0" line there, which I assume is exactly what I want to use.

Can you explain to me how I set this up and what those lines in the ini file are used?

I want a keyboard button and/or a joystick button to disable MCE voice recognition while enableing VoxATC voice recognition while the key/button is pressed.

If possible I would like both a keyboard button and a joystick button to work, but I can live with only one of them if that isn't possible.

Helge

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

I want to use MCE together with VoxATC, and read in the manual that the "end" and "space" keys disable MCE temporarily. However this doesn't seem to work, MCE still recognizes commands while I press any of these buttons.

I checked the ini file and there is a "UseWithVoxATC=0" line there, which I assume is exactly what I want to use.

Can you explain to me how I set this up and what those lines in the ini file are used?

I want a keyboard button and/or a joystick button to disable MCE voice recognition while enableing VoxATC voice recognition while the key/button is pressed.

If possible I would like both a keyboard button and a joystick button to work, but I can live with only one of them if that isn't possible.

Helge

It's certainly possible.

The <END> key when held down should suspend the FO speech context, things related to commands execution.

The <SPACE> key is no longer active by default. If you want it, you need to go to FSX installation folder, open fsInsider.ini file and change "VatsimPTT=0" to "VatsimPTT=32". If you need a different key just let me know.

Reco is only suspended while the key is held down.

For joystick use...

Initially, enable the MCE ATC feature.

Setup the joystick button you want for PTT.

After that, disable the MCE ATC feature

Open mce.ini and make sure "UseWithVoxATC=1". Save the file

Assign the same joystick button under VoxATC.

That should be all you need to do.

If for some reason you have a memory lapse and can't recall your call-sign, just ask FO

"remind me the callsign",

"what about the callsign"

"what's the callsign"

etc...

He should know about the VoxATC assigned call sign