Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

WIN8 Will Not Run a Program

WIN8 Has Blocked a Program and Won't Run It

I have a friend who has WIN8. I sent him a program that works fine in Windows 7 with no viruses. He tries running it and gets an Error that Windows has blocked the file as it is a suspicious and won't run it. Is there any way to override the WIN8 security feature. I have an option run this program as administrator. He does not get that option. He does get the option to run as Administrator on other exe programs. Please help. Bob.

When you get that message, there should be a link that says "more info" or something similar. Click that and it lets you override the warning.

He has told me by e-mail and by Skype that there was no other message, Thanks for your help. He has given up on installing the program. I can't help him as I have WIN7 and not WIN8. Best regards, Bob.