Sign in to follow this  
re84uk

Nvidia GTX 760 or 670 for Semi New Build

Hi All

I am thinking of upgrading to:

• i5 4670K Haswell running @ 4.4ghz
  • Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP motherboard
  • 8gig DDR3 1600mhz RAM

and pondering on what graphics card to purchase.  From what I can tell from reviews, it seems that the 760 and 670 perform more or less the same with perhaps the 670 being slightly faster, with both cards being around the £200 mark. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on which they feel is the better card or perhaps other alternatives?  Budget wise I cant really go much above the £200 already stated.

The 670 will have a slight performance advantage over the 760.

Mo45

Ah ok, so the 670 is the one to go for then?

I will go with GTX 670, but it's your choice.

Mo45

GTX670 is way better than 760. The new 760 only can compare with the 660Ti (which loose the 670 quite a lot).

In my country 660Ti price is quite the same as 760 so getting a 760 will be better. But the GTX670 price is wayy higher.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

im wondering the same thing between the two cards id like to hear some more opinions before i decide as well. but question for any to answer, there is a gtx 670 4gb on craigslist right now for $280, should i just go with that since its 4gb compared with the 760's price and memory?

GTX670 is way better than 760. The new 760 only can compare with the 660Ti (which loose the 670 quite a lot).

In my country 660Ti price is quite the same as 760 so getting a 760 will be better. But the GTX670 price is wayy higher.

760 gtx 23% more performance than 660 gtx and 11% more 660ti. Overall, the 670 is better than 760 gtx but need to be 250 used. before I would consider buying it. I would buy 770 before used 670 need to be priced like 760ti

Hello,

I have the same decision to make in the near future. I the moment i would buy the 760GTX overclocked (from ASUS for example the direct CUE):

here my reasons to buy a 760GTX

- as much GHz as you get will help the FSX (in Boost mode 1250Mhz Core Speed) 

-FSX profits more from a good CPU (many tests in past are done with one result: you need a very good CPU and a medium GPU and are have a very good chance to get many FPS)

- low energy consumtion

- up to date arcitcture

for me your system should have a 760GTX overclocked and a SSD and you will have a lot of fun!

Thats my opinion.

greeting